2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
No buyers remorse here...
By One Happy Driver on 03/21/05 14:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car serves as my main mode of business transportation and, essentially, my office. I have owned a lot of "business" vehicles over the years, but I have never owned one that was as comfortable and accomodating as the Avalon. It's powerful, spacious, quiet and a joy to travel in. The voice command and Navigation system takes a little getting used to, but once you figure out the correct lingo, it proves to be a practical and useful piece of technology. Toyota has finally designed an Avalon that is appealing to the "younger" driver in all of us. While I have often regretted spending a lot of money on other high priced vehicles, I definitly feel like I got what I paid for with this car.

Well built car
By shyam on 03/21/05 06:04 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well built car. Very smooth and responsive. Has sufficient gadgets inside to play around. This car is worth the money.

Best Avalon Ever
By John Allen Albree on 03/20/05 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Toyota Avalon XL on 3/16/05. Drove 8 hours to the dealer who gave me a great price and was great to work with. Traded in 2005 Camry XLE V6. The trip home was 456 miles and I registered 29.1mpg on Route 40. Probably the best car I have ever owned. Only options I have is floor mats and custom installed leather by a Chesapeake firm. This a fine automobile and a wonderful car to drive. Don't buy any car in this class without testing the Avalon.

May get car of the year
By KMurray on 03/20/05 08:45 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely quiet, great ride, enjoy the power of the 280 hp engine..it really moves,got 31.66 mpg at 78 mph,we need that kind of mileage today, I liked the car before but did not like the style ... the new look is much better ... even got two exhaust pipes at the rear, transmisson up shifts are perfect but down shifts could be improved in 1st and 2nd.

Avalon Limited
By Avalonbuyer on 03/19/05 15:13 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Avalon Limited is a great vehicle at the right price. Lots of luxury accessories; smooth and quite ride; lots of interior room; and lots of truck space.

Satisfied Driver
By 2005 Avalon XLS on 03/19/05 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I owned a 1998 Avalon for 5 years and it was the best car/value we had ever owned.Resale was great.The TV commercials for the new 2005 Avalon were not particularly flattering and do not do it justice.The 2005 is much more roomy and powerful and is a dream to drive.The XLS does not seem to have as many standard features as it did in the past (standard features compare more closely to older XL models) but offers most as options.The 17-inch Michelin tires/wheels are worth the upgrade from XL model as you can feel the difference in a test drive.The new 280 HP engine is noticably more responsive and the larger interior space is a pleasure. Very quiet.We'll happily keep it for years.

Nice car
By sam on 03/18/05 22:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth as silk on the highway or in town.. Acceleration numbers to 60mph just 2/10s off the pace of a Chrysler 300C. Mileage numbers only 6 mpg less than Honda Accord hybrid. Delivered 30.9 on recent hwy trip and is delivering true 20 mpg in town. Good value. Lots of nice unsolicited comments from people in parking lots. With Nav and headrest DVDs, grandson calls it the spacechip car.

Unlimited Enjoyment
By lai Khe Louie on 03/18/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My last car was a 2003 Avalon XLS. A really nice car except for its bland looks. The 2005 Avalon, 3d generation, is a quantum improvement over the 2d generation line. There is much to like and little to dislike. First of all, the car is very good looking, great lines and well proportioned. The interior setup is very nice, extremely comfortable, and hushed at highway speed. Although the suspension is soft, there is remarkably little body lean when traversing an interstate clover leaf. Acceleration is more than adequate whether going from zero to sixty or sixty to ninety. I am also happy with the mileage, I easily am getting 29 MPG on the highway. Very happy that I made this purchase.

2005 Toyota XLS
By Ken on 03/18/05 01:16 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love it. I like the way it looks inside and out. The new engine is very powerful, smooth and quiet. There is lots of room for rear seat passengers. My neighbor is six feet five inches tall and he had plenty of room.

Amazing Vehicle
By Ron on 03/16/05 23:55 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow! What a car. Have owned it for a month now. Just finished a 1500 mile trip. Smooth, quiet, comfortable. Mileage per tank ranged from 29.5 to 30.8! Incredible for a 280 hp engine. Tremendous room. Awesome passing power which you never even hear in the cabin. Have never owned, or even seen, anything to match this car!