2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great new design
By Reno on 03/30/05 21:07 PM (PST)

So good I sold my BMW 750il

Good car; could begreat with AWS
By ND on 03/30/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2005 Avalon XLS is an excellent car that could be great automobile with All Wheel Drive and improved braking and navigation system

Solid compared to competition
By avalon on 03/29/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ahead of Chrysler300, Ford500, and Buick Lacrosse, but has several shortcomings. The throttle is lagging, not enough headroom in the back, more road noise than I expected, and the wood interior looks and feels decidedly fake. HID Headlights not available on XLS. The steering is too light for the "performance sedan". Overpriced compared to Lexus ES330.

Avalon -Wow
By William Boothe on 03/29/05 00:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had see previous Avalons and have not been impressed, just a Camry with a few more inches. When I saw the 2005 for the first time, I was awe struck. It is big, beautiful and sexy. If you need it to, it can haul out, if you know what I mean. Everyone I show it to loves it too. Get the White one, the best color for this car. What a car!

WOW!
By George Hanover on 03/27/05 14:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was happy with my Avalon XLS in 1996, liked my 99 Platinum Edition better, and was even more pleased with my 2002 XLS. But my new 2005 Limited is over the top. Sporty, comfortable, fun to drive, plenty of zip, the best Avalon mileage yet, and every bell and whistle imaginable, including Smart-key entry. I used to call them "the poor man's Lexus." I'll take my 05 Limited over the new GS Lexus.

Solid
By Terry on 03/27/05 09:13 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is solid. Very roomy inside. Nice stereo system. Great turn radius. And very powerful. Its very easy to speed without knowing it. The cabin is especially quiet.

Initial 05 Avalon impressions
By Buffddriver on 03/25/05 19:02 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Avalon has just a few hundred miles on it so this may be considered a first impression review. The car is a large, very roomy, sleek sedan. The engine is silky smooth and very powerful. It drives like a dream with great visibility forward and a little less visibility than I like to the rear. The interior is beautiful and functional but the side mirror control is located behind the steering wheel and hard to see easily. I also like the large screen in the center dash that clearly shows stereo/am/fm controls, air conditioning temp controls (different for each seatin front)and gas milege, and distance to tank empty. The compass in the rear view mirror is neat also. Very nice ride.

Outstanding
By Fran Patane on 03/24/05 10:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have driven in a very long tine. Comfortable, easy to handle, and I feel like I am riding in a classy car. People have told me they tohought it was a Lexus. The heated adjustable seats are a great feature. Controls for heat and CD from the steering wheel are so much easier then reaching over. This is one classy car. Top of the Line. Fran Patane

2005 avalon limited
By FTE on 03/22/05 17:45 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. Quiet, powerful and ++ mileage. I traded a lincoln town car. I'm 6'7" and weigh 255. This may sound crazy, but the avalon is more comfortable!!! Be ready to study and I mean study the manual(s!) but the car is very intuitive.

Great Car
By EasyRider on 03/21/05 22:47 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Improved over an already good car. Extra power, many interior improvements/upgrades. Very very quiet, smooth ride. Excellent handling, braking. Interior is large and comfortable, including reclining back seats. Many features are included in base price. Best car I've ever owned in 50 years of driving.