Used 2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great car!
By Debbie

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had previously owned 2 Toyotas but most recently had a 1990 BMW 525i. I enjoyed my BMW for 12 years. However, I'm very impressed with the Avalon. I did plenty of research and probably knew as much about the car as the salesman. It's everything I had read about...comfortable, roomy, plush...It drives well on the open road. I'd never had automatic doors, a cup holder, leather, CD changer. So I'm in heaven. Great value for the price.

Favorite Features

Leather is comfortable, even in our hot, summer weather. Love the large print on the dash display (I don't have the navigator). The new 2005 body style is what finally got me in to look at this car.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time....

poor workmanship (interior)
By S. Hendley

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Poor workmanship with interior features... air control louvers (in dash) keep coming off track and won't allow for directional flow... wood inserts on arm rest coming unglued... control unit for climate, radio, etc. sticks and won't fully expand out for use. Also, the navigational system is below standard - voice guidance is limited - have been very displeased with it's abilities when compared to other systems. This is my third toyota and have always been very pleased until now. Overall, the avalon limited has been an expensive disappointment.

Most comfortable car I have owned
By Marla

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving this car is like sitting in your living room recliner with surround sound on. Seats are VERY comfortable, sound system is magnificent. Has all the safety features standard. Gets 4-5 mpg better gas mileage than my Nissan Maxima did. Comfortably seats 5, huge trunk space, and most importantly phenomenal pick up. One downside, bumper is a blindspot while backing up. I suggest a back up alarm be installed.

Favorite Features

Too many to name, most important to me was the comfort along with the acceleration necessary to get where I need to be. Look at the gas pedal and it goes, yet, gas mileage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Need to work on the blindspot on the bumper. OR make the back up alarm available without the GPS package. I bought mine after market

Winshield Wiper Controls
By David Kosik

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Positioning of windshield wiper switch mechanism is too low down on the steering column. At times I inadvertantly hit it with my knuckle while shifting the gear knob causing the wipers to activate.

Favorite Features

Large rear seat leg room and large trunk capacity. Attention getting outside appearance which draws many favorable comments. And curtain air bags on both sides front and rear and knee bags for further protection.

Suggested Improvements

Re-position windshield wiper switch controls.

another great avalon
By bernard levine

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

over 10 years this is my 3rd and best avalon yet... amazing comfort in front with all the push buttons needed and easily handled... flat floor in rear with reclining seats and fantastic passenger confort... been getting compliments over the past 2 months of ownership.... just fearful of having it valet parked, because many can't handle the keyless operation with the push button ignition-but it's been getting more and more popular... moving up to 20 mpg in the slow city and expect 29-30 on the highways

Favorite Features

all buttons on the wheel for controling the a/c,audio, etc... extreme front and back confort

Suggested Improvements

styling needs to be tweaked and sleeked