Used 2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Why isn't this car talked about more?
By q45samuel

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hello, I traded a paid-off 01 7 series BMW for my 05 Avalon limited. I really lost on the deal, but something seemed so right after I test drove this used Avalon. 2 years later, I've installed an iPod connect and changed the oil twice. Though I no longer Wonder what needs repaired when I drive off, I now smile. This ava limited is my friend. The air conditioner is nice, seats are comfortable, audio and ride do what they're supposed to do, so I ask 'why isn't this car mentioned more for its qualities? 'a true sleeper' I thought, for I live in a upper middle-class neighborhood, and the Avalon seems to be everywhere. Toyotas are around, but the Avalon is everywhere. This may be my last car

audio, ride, quietness, reliability, keyless fob, lots of interior space, seats, puddle lights, gas mileage on regular octane

ipod connection that allows for better control, black leather, and a sportier wheel package for the 05 Avalon limited.

This car is a sleeper
By samuel

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

in my 30 yrs of driving, I've had more than 20 different cars. a 87 lincoln mk7, 93 sc400, 2002 q45, had been my favorites until buying my 05 avalon limited. nearing 2 yrs with 65,000, all done has been installing ipod plug and oil changes. i've taking 2 yrs of auto courses, so i know about problems with autos. my 05 avalon is a true sleeper. every time i get into it, I'm amazed at how it seems to want to be noticed.besides 23 city and 30 plus hwy, it never breaks down. though, like a number of others, i had to be reminded how to use the key fob. thing is why hasn't more be told about this car? my 05 limited is nearly the same car as the 2010 limited,so why hasn't the critics mentioned this?

30 plus mpg on 89 octane, stereo, reliability, quiet cabin, smooth engine, key fob, reclining rear seats, interior space, rear headroom, cup holders, vented front seats, the car still feels new, and I've noticed that those driving the limited are usually in a upper income neighborhood, and mid-age

Wheels should be more luxury. My interior is Gray; I should've tried for a black with the same old trim to go with my White exterior. Though the newer models have a factory iPod plug that allows for more control, mine had to be installed and has less control. Folding outside mirrors.

Questionable
By kydna

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car has had no major problems. Time is showing quality issues. Paint chips very easy. Interior headliner needs replaced. Radio door cover opens 40% of the time. Control panel door for nav. falling off! With just over 30,000 miles not the quality I would expect from Toyota! I will return to MB!

Climate seats, room for 5.

Building cars with the quality Toyota claims. Paint quality, interior parts build quality.

Excellent
By Raj

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving my Avalon XLS for past 4 yrs. Already put 95,00 miles on it. It drives more than a Lexus,280 HP - decent power and great fuel efficiency (I've got once close 32 mpg).

Power and Fuel Efficiency

I had to replace bulbs on both Head Lamps twice last year and the plastic cover on the stereo.

Ultimate reliability
By Kevin McLean

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Coming up on 137,000 miles on my Avalon touring edition 2005, the car had zero problems. Of course I have changed the front brakes out once, and tires rotated/changed once. This car has been a sigh of relief in having the confidence this car will not break down. I realize that no car will not run into problems with regular maintenance performed. But, so far this is the most reliable car I have ever purchased. In one year alone I put up 55,000 miles on my Avalon with only a battery change. If you're in outside sales, having to keep every appointment, this is the car for you. Luxury & reliability, this Avalon will be the last car I will ever have to purchase.

Comfort, body style, reliability, gas mileage.

All wheel drive hybrid.