Used 2005 Toyota Avalon Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

...and a few years later
By kydna

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Still own my 2005 Avalon 7+ years. Almost 41,000 miles. The car has not needed a lot of attention. Now that it does; it calls for the seal to be replaced on the front of the engine block. Oil leak! Of course the engine will have to be removed. 1700.00 repair! Good gas mileage. Seats are fair at best on comfort when heat/cool optioned. Laser cruise is ok for the first 25,000 miles then it is............. particular?? Ok, car but at best a cheap Lexus knockoff!

2005 Avalon Limited
By Momof2

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car 26 months now and have had no mechanical problems. Replaced the tires and brakes and regular maintenance. Very fun to drive for such a large car, I'm still in my 30's and want something that carries my family comfortably and still has some power under the hood, and my Avalon has it all. Paint seems to be thin though, and has small rust spots in places, even though I wax 2x a year. Only big problem is that when I went to upgrade into a newer model, I lost all of my value due to Toyotas recent problems, and am now stuck upside down. The only good thing to that is at least my car is last me a good long time. I'll be bored of it long before it wears out, I believe.

Heated/Cooled seats, sliding arm rest, rear shade, trunk size, reclining rear seats, comfy driver seat, HID headlamps, rain sensing wipers, voice activated controls

Navigation is way too complicated to use. I use the nav on my phone instead. Toughen up the paint. Fix company problems so I can trade up without losing a fortune!

Why isn't this car talked about more?
By q45samuel

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hello, I traded a paid-off 01 7 series BMW for my 05 Avalon limited. I really lost on the deal, but something seemed so right after I test drove this used Avalon. 2 years later, I've installed an iPod connect and changed the oil twice. Though I no longer Wonder what needs repaired when I drive off, I now smile. This ava limited is my friend. The air conditioner is nice, seats are comfortable, audio and ride do what they're supposed to do, so I ask 'why isn't this car mentioned more for its qualities? 'a true sleeper' I thought, for I live in a upper middle-class neighborhood, and the Avalon seems to be everywhere. Toyotas are around, but the Avalon is everywhere. This may be my last car

audio, ride, quietness, reliability, keyless fob, lots of interior space, seats, puddle lights, gas mileage on regular octane

ipod connection that allows for better control, black leather, and a sportier wheel package for the 05 Avalon limited.

This car is a sleeper
By samuel

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

in my 30 yrs of driving, I've had more than 20 different cars. a 87 lincoln mk7, 93 sc400, 2002 q45, had been my favorites until buying my 05 avalon limited. nearing 2 yrs with 65,000, all done has been installing ipod plug and oil changes. i've taking 2 yrs of auto courses, so i know about problems with autos. my 05 avalon is a true sleeper. every time i get into it, I'm amazed at how it seems to want to be noticed.besides 23 city and 30 plus hwy, it never breaks down. though, like a number of others, i had to be reminded how to use the key fob. thing is why hasn't more be told about this car? my 05 limited is nearly the same car as the 2010 limited,so why hasn't the critics mentioned this?

30 plus mpg on 89 octane, stereo, reliability, quiet cabin, smooth engine, key fob, reclining rear seats, interior space, rear headroom, cup holders, vented front seats, the car still feels new, and I've noticed that those driving the limited are usually in a upper income neighborhood, and mid-age

Wheels should be more luxury. My interior is Gray; I should've tried for a black with the same old trim to go with my White exterior. Though the newer models have a factory iPod plug that allows for more control, mine had to be installed and has less control. Folding outside mirrors.

Questionable
By kydna

2005 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car has had no major problems. Time is showing quality issues. Paint chips very easy. Interior headliner needs replaced. Radio door cover opens 40% of the time. Control panel door for nav. falling off! With just over 30,000 miles not the quality I would expect from Toyota! I will return to MB!

Climate seats, room for 5.

Building cars with the quality Toyota claims. Paint quality, interior parts build quality.