2005 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Above average returns on investment
By Larry on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the vehicle brand new. No major repair bills until now. Ignition coils all need to be replaced - this is a pricey job. Do your routine maintenance and car should be fine, but suggest that you get an extended warranty if you plan to keep it past 5 yrs and 80,000 miles

Interior Access Panels
By David Kosik on 08/26/06 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The overall interior layout is very good, however the access doors (panels) in the front seat are to close to each other. This in turn causes a problem when stored items are needed from the storage areas. This was my first purchase of a Toyota vehicle and the driving performance exceeded my expectations. On a recent vacation trip I was extremely pleased with the comfort and gas mileage and would rate the 2005 Avalon in the top five sedans of comparable size and cost.

Great Family Sedan
By jaegan on 05/26/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When picking a sedan to replace my 350Z, I selected the Avalon over the G35, Altima and Camry. One might think G35 would have been a closer match to the Z but no sedan can match sports car handling - so I got the car that offered the most of everything else. The Avalon has a good bit of power, cavernous rear passenger space, reclining rear seats, excellent build quality, and a luxo-plush ride. I've noticed that it takes some throttle modulation to "help" the car find 1st or 2nd gear. Cloths seats are far softer than leather. You can get over 30 mpg on the highway (at 65-70 mph). Conversely, 19 mpg in the city is common. Overall, a surprisingly great value in XL trim (paid $25K).

Great Car
By wnavalon on 03/24/06 12:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have put on 12,000 miles since last April and have had absolutely no problems at all. It gets between 31.5 and 33.0 miles per gallon on the freeway and averages 20.5 in town. Everything fits and there are no rattles. I will buy another one when the time comes

Nice
By rburnham on 02/14/06 09:02 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable ride. Interior is well appointed and makes sense. Fit is adjustable to anyone. Engine is far superior to the rest of the field. Gas mileage is 23 to 28 depending upon how hard you accelerate. One of the best cars I have ever owned.

Smooth and Quick
By Joseph DiDio on 11/11/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not until I stepped on the passing gear, did I realize how fast I zip past the car in front of me. A true pleasure to drive; with all the options, including a built in navigational system. Heated seats are now a plus. Seventeen inch wheels are also a plus. Very quiet ride. The only drawback I have found is the trunk space. However, my former car was a 95 Oldsmobile Regency, and that trunk was hard to match.

@ lesser price, a must for luxury cars
By jackattack on 11/04/05 12:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a dream car. Rides like a charm, very quiet, good gas mileage and very reliable. The interior space is so roomy and comfortable, with more head room. With a V6 280hp, 3.5 liter engine, it accelerates very smoothly and with authority. The exterior design is so sleek (it was like love at first sight) and it's part of the reasons why I bought it. It's a head turner wherever I go. I'm very glad I bought this car. For those of you who are into luxury cars, this is the car for you at a much lesser price.

Love this vehicle!
By j. barnes on 10/15/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

we really like our 2005 Avalon! It is a very confortable ride, neat interior, quiet, and good mpg.

Car of a Lifetime
By Howard on 09/22/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Power and more! Lots of snap when needed in traffic. Very little road noise and no rattles. Spacious interior with passengers in mind. Best car I have owned in my fifty years of driving.

Expected More
By Dale on 09/22/05 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a very hard time finding the XL as we needed the cloth seats. We drove the car the next week on a 300mile trip. The mileage was about 28mph over all. The seats and the ride were just average. We were told the xm radio was pre-wired and it was not. We are not sure if we are excited about this car, time will tell! Had 2001 Avalon that was troule-free for 100,000 mph!