Best kept secret ever
By avylvr on
2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I traded in a junk Buick in Dec of 2012 for my beautiful 2004 one owner, all service records, 72,000 mile Avalon. I had read reviews which appeared it was a good car and man were they right. It's been growing on me, I love this car. I commute 120 miles round trip a day so now I'm at 124,000 miles and this car still feels like it came off the showroom floor. I sunk about $1500 into it with new Pirelli tires, new front rotors and brakes all the way around, new rear wheel bearing, transmission service and of course the timing belt/water pump maintenance. I'm going for 400k miles. It was well taken care of before me by a little old lady and I will continue to do the same.
Favorite Features
I love the fact of how roomy and luxurious the inside is. It has a receptacle in the back to actually plug things in! The auto a/c function is great, it adjusts the fan speeds based upon temp inside the car. The rain sensing wipers are great especially for a sudden shower and my hands are full while driving in heavy traffic.
Suggested Improvements
I would like an aux jack or USB port but then I realize the car is ten years old and not many cars if any had those back in 2004 so I've gotten over it.