2004 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Best kept secret ever

2004 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

2004 Toyota Avalon

XLS Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic w/Bench Seats)

Best kept secret ever
By avylvr on

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a junk Buick in Dec of 2012 for my beautiful 2004 one owner, all service records, 72,000 mile Avalon. I had read reviews which appeared it was a good car and man were they right. It's been growing on me, I love this car. I commute 120 miles round trip a day so now I'm at 124,000 miles and this car still feels like it came off the showroom floor. I sunk about $1500 into it with new Pirelli tires, new front rotors and brakes all the way around, new rear wheel bearing, transmission service and of course the timing belt/water pump maintenance. I'm going for 400k miles. It was well taken care of before me by a little old lady and I will continue to do the same.

I love the fact of how roomy and luxurious the inside is. It has a receptacle in the back to actually plug things in! The auto a/c function is great, it adjusts the fan speeds based upon temp inside the car. The rain sensing wipers are great especially for a sudden shower and my hands are full while driving in heavy traffic.

I would like an aux jack or USB port but then I realize the car is ten years old and not many cars if any had those back in 2004 so I've gotten over it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review