2004 Toyota Avalon 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic w/Bench Seats Consumer Review - Good car, enjoying it!

2004 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

XLS Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic w/Bench Seats)

Good car, enjoying it!
By BHSK on

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I researched many consumer websites before purchasing. I was wanting a spacious, reliable, comfortable driving car. I know others who have purchased the Avalon XLS in recent years that are also very satisfied. We recently took a trip and the car handled very smoothly and quietly on the interstate. I had been driving a Cadillac Sedan Deville prior to my purchase and was not happy getting only 18/24 MPG with that vechile, even with premium gas. Also had a number of repairs each year, and the Cadillac parts were very expensive (struts, suspension sensor light, etc). Thus far, it has been easy to see why Avalon has won many "best buy" consumer awards.

Favorite Features

Impressed with sound: upgraded to 6 cd changer,tape player. Car performs well in city & highway, very roomy. Nice extra space of bench seats. Good trunk storage, quality leather seats. Happy with: heated seats, skid control,other gadgets- temp. gage, MPH ave., compass, trip time, etc.

Suggested Improvements

I think the exterior could use a little styling improvement. Many of the cars today have the trunks high up. Although it makes it more convenient to use, it does take away a little on the appearance in my opinion.