2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Our Avalon
By Kira on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Well guys, so far this car is excellent! Very roomy and comfy. Performance is great, I cannot say excellent though. Motor is smooth as silk as well as shifting. My one complaint is the doors ding EXTREMELY EASY! I have had to have two taken out already. Im not sure if its the metal used(thickness) or the placement of the molding? I am very displeased with this problem though. Other then that no complaints at all.

would not buy it again
By Pudtat on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

From the very first week the car has had a vibration. Paint scracthes easily. Has a mildew smell from the A/C. I was told by the manufactuer rep that the vibration was normal. Not happy with this car at all.

nice car
By douglass on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the avolon is a nice car but I think the dash board could be made so you can better read the speed that you are going it seems that you are always looking around thw steering wheel to check on speed and gas gauge. perhaps in the future this might be something to look at

Old car like new
By RolandMuse on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great!I have enjoyed driving this auto. My husband has also enjoyrd the car.Will keep it for another 75,000 miles.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By The Professor Bill on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The title says it all -- it's the best! I get about 26 MPG, great comfort, more head room than my old Lincoln, lots of rear seat room. The trunk's not as big as the Lincoln's, but it's bigger than my friends' cars' trunks. I am enthusiastically a pro- Avalon affectionato!

Mommy's Avalon
By DStealth on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As Matty our car salesman would refer to Mary, this is "Mommy's" car! As previous owners of a Toyota Camry XLE, we found the small "upgrade" to the Avalon was well worth the extra $$. The Avalon was much roomier than the Camry and we opted for the XL rather than the XLS - who needs the moonroof and heated seats anyway. We purchased the wood look from the parts dept. and now have what we want. Hmm all I need now is a XLS emblem and we are there!

Avalon XLS is the best!
By Landlocked on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Traveling TX and LA, I wanted a car that would give me a big car feel without the 'floating' of the full size luxury cars. I wanted at least 3,000 lbs, 107" wheelbase, to stay under $30,000. There were only 11 cars TOTAL that qualified! Right at $30,000 the Avalon XLS is the best ride / feel / power / luxury / safety for the money. The performance of the standard 6 cyl is more than adequate! Sure, I could have spent a thousand or two less, but for the extra features and luxury, this Avalon XLS is da bomb!

toyota avalon
By tennisace on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

reliable, extremely roomy for our very tall family(6.5 and 6.7) even in the rear. XLS comes with everything, we continue to have problems with the vehicle skid control, car only has 5000 miles.

My Wife Loves This Car
By TX Toyota Owner on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Avalon we've owned (first one was a '98), and the 2003 is a much better car. The ride is very smooth, JBL speakers are worth the money, quality of car is excellent. One could pay more for a big 4 door, but why?! At least twice a month my wife comments on just how pleased she is to have this car & we've had it for a year. It's always great to hear that kind of feedback!

Avalon is a great car
By lor4262 on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon is a smooth riding car I love it and don't have any complaints in the last 4 months. It runs quiet and has a great pick up. I dont agree with the mileage they quote. I am getting about 17 miles on a gallon, I thought that I would get better mileage. I have the bench seat model and when the middle arm rest is down it makes it hard to latch the seat belt.