2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
avalon xls
By jhb on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

a pleasure to drive. very dependable car. has never let me down. my only wish would be for a little more power

Auto Climate Control
By Irving Schwartz on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Buy this car only if you do not expect the Auto Climate Control to actually work. It will cool but will not control properly in heating mode. very poor engineering in an otherwise nice car. My last Avalon, an maybe Toyota.

My Third Avalon
By toothship on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is alot of car for the money, I have never had a repair on any of my three Avalons. Every time anyone gets into the back seat they ask "What make of car is this" They are amazed by all the roominess for the back seat passengers. If you want a smooth riding confortable car, look no farther.

Great Buy
By David Morgan on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the Toyota Avalon for $29,000. The Avalon rides very well and handles great. The Avalon is very comportable and has tons of leg room with the best leather. Buy Toyota

Best of the Best
By JJM on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a better car in my life. In 16,000 miles, I have visited a dealership twice, both times for oil changes. This is an exceptionally well built vehicle, comfortable and quiet. Gas mileage is beyond belief. Toyota is well known for it's reliability and they have proven it with this car. The room in the rear seats makes my old Lincoln a compact by comparison. Buy one of these and you'll never own anything else.

very happy
By markkkkss on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great dealership- low cost to maintain

BEST OVERALL BUY
By Future Toyota Owner on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 16 and this is my parents' car, yet they let me drive it a couple of times with them and 2 other people in the car. Handled well even loaded with people and cargo. Awesome gas mileage for a 3.0 liter V6.Gas down here in San Diego is at $2.30 for the regular unleaded, so this is a relief.The on- board computer thing in the dash is great because you can see the distance you have left on the tank of gas, outside temp., direction you are facing, and date and time.

Lumbar surport
By carnivalacres on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Lumbar surport is not available on the bench seat model. It is mention as a standard item on New Avalon Vehicle here on the web. The Dealership told me its there when I ordered the New car. After delivery its not there. Now it Toyota is saying they don't install it on the Avalon bench seat. Also this website is not an offical Toyota site is the language used from Toyota when I telephoned them for assistance about this misinformation problem. Now I have a fine Car that gives me a backache!

my toy
By pavel g on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wish it was a little more exciting in it's exterior styling. It is comfortable and I enjoy it. I wish it had an exterior combonation lock like my old Lincoln, and I would like the trunk to pop up more.

my car
By georgeeee on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think this a very comfortable car to drive