Used 2004 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

More leg and foot room
By shipper50

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am 6'1 and when I am sitting my heels are only a few inches apart. I would like to have more room at the pedals.

I would like to see steering wheel controls for the radio and cd player. For this much money, it should be a standard feature.

what a shame when quality is forgotten
By bill234

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many automobiles since the 1960's on. from a 67 deville convertible to this poorly built avalon. My wife drives a 2002 chevrolet impala with 93000 on it and has had no problems. That is not the same case for my nearly new avalon. my transmission is slipping it seems,my radiator is leaking and because of that makes my car heat up after 15 minutes or so of driving. the dealer claims that is normal at around this time. unexceptable... especially considering the price difference. they arent built in japan anymore and they are built with substandard parts. do yourself a favor and buy a cadillac or chevrolet.

looks and comfort.

quality. My 1967 cadillac deville was sold with 234k on it, first engine and transmission. Tell me if im wrong but u would think in 2004 that they could do better...

Toyota Avalon
By JOHN

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This my second Avalon was very pleased with first car even more pleased with cutrrent Avalon.I drive from FL to NJ round trip four times a year.. very enjoyable trip.. driving is effortless & extremely comfortable. Comfort of the seats.

Seats very comfortable on long trips.. car is very responsive...

The moon roof control buttons were better on the 1991 avalon....

Need More for the Money!
By Unsatisfied

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Toyota Avalon XLS is overpriced for an auto that offers the same features as other cars not in the "Toyota" line. The Avalon has no eye-catching appeal.

Need more room between the cup holder and the driver/passenger arm space. It's hard for the driver to load a CD and push the load button at the same time. There are some features on the Camry that is not even available on the Avalon, such as, rear window shade.

Why bother with a Lexus?
By Don

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Avalon is as well built, comfortable and reliable as my friends Lexus but about $15000 less. Acceleration is a bit less and cornering is not as sharp but it takes regular gas and I run out of courage long before I get near the cornering limits.

reliability & comfort.

A bit more power. Otherwise do not mess with it.