2004 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
More leg and foot room
By shipper50 on 02/24/05 12:38 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am 6'1 and when I am sitting my heels are only a few inches apart. I would like to have more room at the pedals.

what a shame when quality is forgotten
By bill234 on 02/06/05 16:58 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many automobiles since the 1960's on. from a 67 deville convertible to this poorly built avalon. My wife drives a 2002 chevrolet impala with 93000 on it and has had no problems. That is not the same case for my nearly new avalon. my transmission is slipping it seems,my radiator is leaking and because of that makes my car heat up after 15 minutes or so of driving. the dealer claims that is normal at around this time. unexceptable... especially considering the price difference. they arent built in japan anymore and they are built with substandard parts. do yourself a favor and buy a cadillac or chevrolet.

Toyota Avalon
By JOHN on 01/30/05 12:35 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This my second Avalon was very pleased with first car even more pleased with cutrrent Avalon.I drive from FL to NJ round trip four times a year.. very enjoyable trip.. driving is effortless & extremely comfortable. Comfort of the seats.

Need More for the Money!
By Unsatisfied on 12/31/04 21:32 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Toyota Avalon XLS is overpriced for an auto that offers the same features as other cars not in the "Toyota" line. The Avalon has no eye-catching appeal.

Why bother with a Lexus?
By Don on 12/12/04 03:38 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Avalon is as well built, comfortable and reliable as my friends Lexus but about $15000 less. Acceleration is a bit less and cornering is not as sharp but it takes regular gas and I run out of courage long before I get near the cornering limits.

Great Ride & very smooth
By Frank Epps on 12/07/04 22:05 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First Avalon & really like to drive. Exterior could be jazzed up. Interior is tough to beat for features & comfort.

Greatest Car Ever
By Yurka on 12/01/04 12:31 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car that I've seen on the market in years. It has a 215 horsepower engine that just blasts thru roads and highways. My friend owns a '96 prelude and he says that he will burn me in a quarter mile race. After we found a cop free zone. We started a steet race he got a 19.6 I got a 15.7 in the quarter that shut him up real bad.

delightful inside, simple outside
By vinnievideo on 11/15/04 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed driving this honey of a car. It looks ordinary outside, but once you step inside it is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. I am 6'9" and fit into this one nicely. Enjoying every minute behind the wheel

Great Avalon
By bigrighter on 11/08/04 19:20 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2003 XLS with navigation system. I drive over 30,000 miles per year. Very comfortable car and extremly reliable. I would purchase another one.

Quality ride
By Jeff Patton on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota after years of buying European cars for quality and performance. What took me so long to see the light? The car is the tightest, best built car I've ever driven. Quiet smooth acceleration, great fuel economy (27mpg highway at 75mph), flawless fit and finish, and lots of interior room make this the best car in its class. I would buy another one.