Used 2004 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

I still love my Avalon
By Mattie

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my Avalon in June of 2004. I am faithful with oil changes and tire rotation. Have had no problems whatsoever with this car. Inside and outside are still just like new. As comfortable as any car I have ever ridden in. The gas mileage is not as good as the Camry I had before but the comfort of the Avalon makes up for this - especially if you are driving any distance.

Comfort, ease of handling, feeling of security and protection.

None

'04 XLS Review - Fairly good Bang 4 Buck
By Gem-n-I

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've purchased many cars new and after doing some research found a good priced 04 XLS. Paint is kinda cheap. Seats aren't comfy as could be, I'm 6'3. JBL premium sound, dual pwr seats w/ 2 memry, heated mirr's + auto dim R awesome. Seats lack thigh comfort 4 longer leg folks. Leather cheap. Replaced batry, win motor @ 30k, audio amp at 50k, drift improvement procedure at 55k, otherwise excellent reliability. Now (5/08) @ 100k and still runs like new. Friends/family say good 2go 200k - we'll c. Love using reg. fuel 25 mpg hwy 22 town. Get 28 hwy w/premium, can't justify exorbitant prices even for regular. Would recommend, and buy another 04 or older. Good car!

Awesome radio, photochromic rear view and driver L mirrors, dual pwr seats, regular gas. Reliability has been pretty darn good even tho I had a couple sub-standard parts that should not have needed replacement so quickly. Same lights (except headlights) at 100k.

Avoid cost cutting on seats, leather, win motors. Bring back dual pwr front seats, smaller tires R more inexpensive. Better build quality. Improve paint.

Roomy and reliable
By Janice

2004 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have nearly 100,000 miles on the car and it still doesn't have any problems. We really like the roomy back seat with lots of leg room in front and back. We probably will buy another Avalon if the price is right.

Heated seats are great. We travel extensively so we like the trunk space too.

Include satellite radio! Bigger glove compartment. Wider side pockets to get things out easier.

Comfort and reliability
By Ken

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Avalon. I bought it used with 6,000 miles. In 2.5 years I have added another 50,000 and it still runs like new with only normal maintenance and rear brake pads. This car has a very comfortable, low-stress ride. You will feel as though you are gliding down the road. Interior room is excellent for driver and passengers alike. The room in rear seat is unmatched by any car I have ever been in and the trunk is big too. Gas mileage is typically 25/30. This is not a sporty car, but if you are looking for comfort and luxury at an affordable price, you will be happy with this car. Great car! I'd buy another.

Comfortable ride, low noise, gas mileage.

Just a little more power. Could have a sportier look but they fixed that with the newer models.

2004 avalon xl
By Marie

2004 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great mileage and very comfortable. Not very stylish though and considered and "old people's car" around here. I love it though.

Comfort and room.

I like it the way it is.