2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Toyota Avalon
By Don Marts on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned other Toyotas this is outstanding in appearance and comfort. My only problem will be keeping it within the legal speed limit as it takes off like a bird.

Great Car
By Nancy W. on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I sold my American made 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII because it was in the shop every two months with mechanical problems, mostly electrical, although the brake pedal went to the floor at 35,000 miles and the door handle fell off in my hand at 42,000 miles. I purchased a new Avalon from Fred Dargie at Freeman in Santa Rosa, CA. and love it. Note - It was the easiest purchasing experience I have ever had and highly recommend this salesperson. It is comfortable to drive, has more interior room than the far larger Lincoln and is 100% reliable with almost all of the luxury features of the Lincoln. I plan to own this car for a long time.

2004 Avalon XLS
By mjk on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderfully quiet, comfortable ride. Responsive, easy steering and plenty of acceleration. All the features you'd ever want in a car. I'm delight so far.

Highway cruiser
By glix on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Large, comfortable car that cruises the highway effortlessly yet gets good gas milage. For someone on the roal a lot, the reliability of this car is very important to me. Four large adults can ride in this car in comfort, even for long drives.

a few upgrades
By T J on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really nice, get all the options and make it look sporty ie; chrome mags, mud flaps, rear spoiler, nose wrap, rain guards,front hod scoop, auto start, then it will be complete and not your ave toyota-if u got the $ & cents.

Good car, enjoying it!
By BHSK on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I researched many consumer websites before purchasing. I was wanting a spacious, reliable, comfortable driving car. I know others who have purchased the Avalon XLS in recent years that are also very satisfied. We recently took a trip and the car handled very smoothly and quietly on the interstate. I had been driving a Cadillac Sedan Deville prior to my purchase and was not happy getting only 18/24 MPG with that vechile, even with premium gas. Also had a number of repairs each year, and the Cadillac parts were very expensive (struts, suspension sensor light, etc). Thus far, it has been easy to see why Avalon has won many "best buy" consumer awards.

love it
By hawkeye on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I testdrove several cars before deciding on the Avalon. I liked it better than the more expensive Lexus ES300, because the Avalon feels spacier. The nav system is working very well. For destinations that I'm familiar with it always picks the best route I've learned over the years (in 'quickest' mode). It's taught me some new routes when using 'shortest' or 'alternate' mode. The screen is clear under all conditions, being mounted under a slight overhang. The Avalon responds real well, is comfortable/luxurious to drive, and when kicked down really accelerates well for such a large car.

what gives
By rlb3 on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

generally still pleased with car and performance

XLS Avalon bucket seats
By marred on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for it's price, comes with all the perks for the top of the line including a navigator, drives like a Mercedes!

gets better
By silverfilmms on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

not a problem and the more i drive it the better it gets. just took my son to albany ny. a five our drive. i thought that i would be alittle sleepy after such a drive,but not at all. i left an infinity lease "i35" and thought that the avalon would mellow me out for such a trip. will be taking the car in for the 5k first service. i purchased this car because im looking to get at least 150k miles before i start looking at cars again.