2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Ed's Thoughts
By eowens0421 on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. It has power and pep and is very confortable. The only problem I have is the exterior design as the car looks too long with a high rear end. The front looks good as does the trunk area but do something to make the car look so long.

Avalon
By Anthony Libretti on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalon, trading in aa 2000 Avalon with 46000 miles. This car has the weight, stability and the easy of handling that I like in a vehicle. In addition, it is a modern, yet of a conservation design which is attractive and could be traditional for a long time. We treat it like a baby.

Love the Avalon
By lloyd70 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car is as comfortable or more so than any Cadillac or Mercedes I have owned. It is more fun to drive and I love the gas milage. On a trip to Colorado, we averaged 32 on several legs of the trip. Power is adequate but could be increased.

Dealer Attitude
By rstuttler on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After the sale two relatively minor defects were brought to their attention. One defect was brushed off as insignificant. I was blamed for the other defect [which was a dent/gouge on each of the front wheels.

I love Avolon
By Peter Farell on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Toyota is a very fun car to ride in.It is a real family or older peoples car. It is vert safe yet comfertable and reliable

avalon is often overlooked
By mungous on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is a terrific car. i had been an american car owner only, for over 30 years. died in the wool. however, the last 3 GM cars i bought (brand new) left me disappointed. the Monte Carlo needed a new engine at 50K. the 92 SSE Bonneville broke down on average once every 6 months and had to be towed (cheap alternators, plastic coolant nipples in the engine block (!) and just an overall decline in quality)same with the 96 Grand Am (alternators)

Toyota Avalon
By Casey Charles on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon is an extremely smooth riding car on the road and very easy to handle. A very well built, solid car and very comfortable to ride in. Nice size back seat.

Living with my Avalon
By Michael O'Brien on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had many expensive cars in USA and Europe but this is the best.

Toyota Avalon
By Don Marts on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned other Toyotas this is outstanding in appearance and comfort. My only problem will be keeping it within the legal speed limit as it takes off like a bird.

Great Car
By Nancy W. on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I sold my American made 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII because it was in the shop every two months with mechanical problems, mostly electrical, although the brake pedal went to the floor at 35,000 miles and the door handle fell off in my hand at 42,000 miles. I purchased a new Avalon from Fred Dargie at Freeman in Santa Rosa, CA. and love it. Note - It was the easiest purchasing experience I have ever had and highly recommend this salesperson. It is comfortable to drive, has more interior room than the far larger Lincoln and is 100% reliable with almost all of the luxury features of the Lincoln. I plan to own this car for a long time.