2004 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Avalon is a great car
By lor4262 on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon is a smooth riding car I love it and don't have any complaints in the last 4 months. It runs quiet and has a great pick up. I dont agree with the mileage they quote. I am getting about 17 miles on a gallon, I thought that I would get better mileage. I have the bench seat model and when the middle arm rest is down it makes it hard to latch the seat belt.

Best car ever owned out of 20 new
By alas124 on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had five Toyota Camrys since 1976 and one Toyota Lexus. The Avalon is by far the quietest and best ride of all. So far I have had no problems. All the Toyota cars have been extreamly relyable.

Ed's Thoughts
By eowens0421 on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. It has power and pep and is very confortable. The only problem I have is the exterior design as the car looks too long with a high rear end. The front looks good as does the trunk area but do something to make the car look so long.

Avalon
By Anthony Libretti on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalon, trading in aa 2000 Avalon with 46000 miles. This car has the weight, stability and the easy of handling that I like in a vehicle. In addition, it is a modern, yet of a conservation design which is attractive and could be traditional for a long time. We treat it like a baby.

Love the Avalon
By lloyd70 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car is as comfortable or more so than any Cadillac or Mercedes I have owned. It is more fun to drive and I love the gas milage. On a trip to Colorado, we averaged 32 on several legs of the trip. Power is adequate but could be increased.

Dealer Attitude
By rstuttler on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After the sale two relatively minor defects were brought to their attention. One defect was brushed off as insignificant. I was blamed for the other defect [which was a dent/gouge on each of the front wheels.

I love Avolon
By Peter Farell on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Toyota is a very fun car to ride in.It is a real family or older peoples car. It is vert safe yet comfertable and reliable

Toyota Avalon
By Casey Charles on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon is an extremely smooth riding car on the road and very easy to handle. A very well built, solid car and very comfortable to ride in. Nice size back seat.

avalon is often overlooked
By mungous on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is a terrific car. i had been an american car owner only, for over 30 years. died in the wool. however, the last 3 GM cars i bought (brand new) left me disappointed. the Monte Carlo needed a new engine at 50K. the 92 SSE Bonneville broke down on average once every 6 months and had to be towed (cheap alternators, plastic coolant nipples in the engine block (!) and just an overall decline in quality)same with the 96 Grand Am (alternators)

Toyota Avalon
By Don Marts on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned other Toyotas this is outstanding in appearance and comfort. My only problem will be keeping it within the legal speed limit as it takes off like a bird.