Used 2004 Toyota Avalon XL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

The Japanese Buick
By Ron Stephenson

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Here is one of the best, most reliable cars on the market. Now 11years old, and no problems whatsoever. Quiet on the road, great mileage for a larger car and smooth handling, good brakes, great heat and cooling. Get in, drive all you want and get out rested. Once in the car, your passengers are impressed with the quality of materials and how quiet it is. Smooth ride, and lots of legroom in back. Could use larger cup holders, but the two will accommodate normal sized cups. I was so impressed with my wife's identical car that I decided to dump my Infinity M-35 and get one for myself. A low-mileage one came up at the
Toyota dealer, with new tires on a 42,000 mile example. If you need a somewhat larger car with a decent v-6 engine that gets good gas mileage and great comfort for trips, this is your car.

Top Notch Toyota
By Purdue

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this car certified used as a swap from an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. A LOT easier, more fun, comfortable to drive than a top line SUV. Rides like a dream even compared to other cars I have tested. Interior is very spacious and elegant. Dash is more recessed than most and feels like there is a ton of room because of it. Classy looking car that is basically a Lexus with the Toyota emblem instead. Great cargo space as I lost nearly nothing from a Jeep to this. First car I have had and enjoying the extra fuel mileage.

Interior overall. It is both comfortable and stylish. Perforations in the leather make hot days enjoyable on leather. Ride is spectacular.

Dash looks a little funky if you are not used to the Toyota line, but it grows on you and I actually prefer it now.

Roomy and reliable
By Janice

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have nearly 100,000 miles on the car and it still doesn't have any problems. We really like the roomy back seat with lots of leg room in front and back. We probably will buy another Avalon if the price is right.

Heated seats are great. We travel extensively so we like the trunk space too.

Include satellite radio! Bigger glove compartment. Wider side pockets to get things out easier.

2004 avalon xl
By Marie

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great mileage and very comfortable. Not very stylish though and considered and "old people's car" around here. I love it though.

Comfort and room.

I like it the way it is.

I love this car!
By AvalonXL

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 10-04-06. It is the finest vehicle I have ever driven. Smooth, comfy, handles easy. I had no idea a car could be this amazing. I drove from Oceanside, Ca. to Las Vegas Nv. on 1 tank of gas, over 300 miles & had gas to spare, amazing!

Smooth ride, comfy seats.

none