2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Top Notch Toyota
By Purdue on 11/05/08 18:08 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this car certified used as a swap from an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. A LOT easier, more fun, comfortable to drive than a top line SUV. Rides like a dream even compared to other cars I have tested. Interior is very spacious and elegant. Dash is more recessed than most and feels like there is a ton of room because of it. Classy looking car that is basically a Lexus with the Toyota emblem instead. Great cargo space as I lost nearly nothing from a Jeep to this. First car I have had and enjoying the extra fuel mileage.

Roomy and reliable
By Janice on 10/07/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have nearly 100,000 miles on the car and it still doesn't have any problems. We really like the roomy back seat with lots of leg room in front and back. We probably will buy another Avalon if the price is right.

2004 avalon xl
By Marie on 11/22/06 11:15 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great mileage and very comfortable. Not very stylish though and considered and "old people's car" around here. I love it though.

I love this car!
By AvalonXL on 10/30/06 17:50 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 10-04-06. It is the finest vehicle I have ever driven. Smooth, comfy, handles easy. I had no idea a car could be this amazing. I drove from Oceanside, Ca. to Las Vegas Nv. on 1 tank of gas, over 300 miles & had gas to spare, amazing!

A pleasure to own
By Chris on 09/05/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a large car for me and my family. The Avalon has a good rep for reliability (so far well deserved) and is a pleasure to ride in. While it is quick - it is not a sports car - it's more of a highway cruser of old. I have had this car for close to two years and still look forward to driving it. What a pleasure to have a car put together and so well thought out as this one. Even with the bottom package, all the stuff is included - the V-6, power windows, locks, ABS, premium sound and comfort. I looked at smaller cars with all the options added - the price is not much different.You want a large smooth comfortable car? Get the Avalon!

Great car for the price
By Babin on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful and very quiet to drive. Great gas milage. I get 23 mpg in the city and 29 on trips at a constant speed of 70 mph. The seat are comfortable and roomy. The truck is large and has easy access. I would recommend this car for families with young children and teenages.

Substantial,Luxurious, and Performance
By Lavon Yoho on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Avalon rides like it's gliding through air. It is so smooth and quiet. Great brakes and acceleration. Very roomy, my 6'5" cousin looks like he's 5'5" back there. It's so comfortable. I highly recommend this car. We test drove a lot of cars in the $30,000 to $35,000 range and the Avalon by far ran and felt the best. That's our opinion. Go see for yourself, test drive one.

my car
By georgeeee on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think this a very comfortable car to drive

Love my Avalon ,hate the brakes
By wolfchaser56 on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This cxar rides extremely well and provides excellent comfort for comuting. JBL sound system is first rate. A little too much body roll for my taste but I can live with it. Brakes take an eternity to work so you must drive ahead. That's my only complaint. DFealer said "slow down"

great car
By denton on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon is a car for the open road, where comfort, quiet rides and value are considerations. The Avalon is built in the USA and has more U.S. parts than most GM or Ford automobiles, and yet it is designed with the Japanese to offer exceptional performance and value. I have had my Avalon for over three years, and have 145,000 miles on it. I have changed the oil and performed required maintenance. So far, my Avalon has performed flawlessly. My next car is another Avalon...but not before my wife buys one!