Used 2004 Toyota Avalon XLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Best kept secret ever
By avylvr

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a junk Buick in Dec of 2012 for my beautiful 2004 one owner, all service records, 72,000 mile Avalon. I had read reviews which appeared it was a good car and man were they right. It's been growing on me, I love this car. I commute 120 miles round trip a day so now I'm at 124,000 miles and this car still feels like it came off the showroom floor. I sunk about $1500 into it with new Pirelli tires, new front rotors and brakes all the way around, new rear wheel bearing, transmission service and of course the timing belt/water pump maintenance. I'm going for 400k miles. It was well taken care of before me by a little old lady and I will continue to do the same.

I love the fact of how roomy and luxurious the inside is. It has a receptacle in the back to actually plug things in! The auto a/c function is great, it adjusts the fan speeds based upon temp inside the car. The rain sensing wipers are great especially for a sudden shower and my hands are full while driving in heavy traffic.

I would like an aux jack or USB port but then I realize the car is ten years old and not many cars if any had those back in 2004 so I've gotten over it.

Great Ride & very smooth
By Frank Epps

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First Avalon & really like to drive. Exterior could be jazzed up. Interior is tough to beat for features & comfort.

Interior will laid out. Volume control on steering whell would be nice.Heated seats are great when its cold out.

Exterior do over

Greatest Car Ever
By Yurka

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car that I've seen on the market in years. It has a 215 horsepower engine that just blasts thru roads and highways. My friend owns a '96 prelude and he says that he will burn me in a quarter mile race. After we found a cop free zone. We started a steet race he got a 19.6 I got a 15.7 in the quarter that shut him up real bad.

Powerful engine, comfortable seats, nice stereo, powerful speakers.

Bigger rims just a slight lowerage by body kits and you got a young car that can burn almost amy car on the road in it's class.

delightful inside, simple outside
By vinnievideo

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed driving this honey of a car. It looks ordinary outside, but once you step inside it is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. I am 6'9" and fit into this one nicely. Enjoying every minute behind the wheel

whine or whistle at high speeds

Wonderful japenese materal!
By Willam Steven

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This lovely Toyota handles wonderfully, has tons of power, and takes the bumbs well, and is the most comfortable car I was ever in. I love this car. This car has tons and tons of rear leg room. Buy Toyota! This dcar gets an avrage of 24 miles to the gallon.

Everything, best cd player