2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Best kept secret ever
By avylvr on 07/26/14 08:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a junk Buick in Dec of 2012 for my beautiful 2004 one owner, all service records, 72,000 mile Avalon. I had read reviews which appeared it was a good car and man were they right. It's been growing on me, I love this car. I commute 120 miles round trip a day so now I'm at 124,000 miles and this car still feels like it came off the showroom floor. I sunk about $1500 into it with new Pirelli tires, new front rotors and brakes all the way around, new rear wheel bearing, transmission service and of course the timing belt/water pump maintenance. I'm going for 400k miles. It was well taken care of before me by a little old lady and I will continue to do the same.

Great Ride & very smooth
By Frank Epps on 12/07/04 22:05 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First Avalon & really like to drive. Exterior could be jazzed up. Interior is tough to beat for features & comfort.

Greatest Car Ever
By Yurka on 12/01/04 12:31 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car that I've seen on the market in years. It has a 215 horsepower engine that just blasts thru roads and highways. My friend owns a '96 prelude and he says that he will burn me in a quarter mile race. After we found a cop free zone. We started a steet race he got a 19.6 I got a 15.7 in the quarter that shut him up real bad.

delightful inside, simple outside
By vinnievideo on 11/15/04 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed driving this honey of a car. It looks ordinary outside, but once you step inside it is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. I am 6'9" and fit into this one nicely. Enjoying every minute behind the wheel

Wonderful japenese materal!
By Willam Steven on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This lovely Toyota handles wonderfully, has tons of power, and takes the bumbs well, and is the most comfortable car I was ever in. I love this car. This car has tons and tons of rear leg room. Buy Toyota! This dcar gets an avrage of 24 miles to the gallon.

Great Buy
By David Morgan on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the Toyota Avalon for $29,000. The Avalon rides very well and handles great. The Avalon is very comportable and has tons of leg room with the best leather. Buy Toyota

Best of the Best
By JJM on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a better car in my life. In 16,000 miles, I have visited a dealership twice, both times for oil changes. This is an exceptionally well built vehicle, comfortable and quiet. Gas mileage is beyond belief. Toyota is well known for it's reliability and they have proven it with this car. The room in the rear seats makes my old Lincoln a compact by comparison. Buy one of these and you'll never own anything else.

Lumbar surport
By carnivalacres on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Lumbar surport is not available on the bench seat model. It is mention as a standard item on New Avalon Vehicle here on the web. The Dealership told me its there when I ordered the New car. After delivery its not there. Now it Toyota is saying they don't install it on the Avalon bench seat. Also this website is not an offical Toyota site is the language used from Toyota when I telephoned them for assistance about this misinformation problem. Now I have a fine Car that gives me a backache!

Bad front end Car is "2002 model"
By Mike Collins on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very over-rated based on price and reliabilty. The car has road noise, wind noise from exterior mirrors, and we have had excessive front end problems. I will never buy one of these again, for the price $33,000, should have bought a Lexis, Acura, or simular designed vehicle.

great
By gokhan on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

a perfect car. what can i say more. please beleave me. drive the car and enjoy your life