Used 2004 Toyota Avalon XL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Top Notch Toyota
By Purdue

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this car certified used as a swap from an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. A LOT easier, more fun, comfortable to drive than a top line SUV. Rides like a dream even compared to other cars I have tested. Interior is very spacious and elegant. Dash is more recessed than most and feels like there is a ton of room because of it. Classy looking car that is basically a Lexus with the Toyota emblem instead. Great cargo space as I lost nearly nothing from a Jeep to this. First car I have had and enjoying the extra fuel mileage.

Interior overall. It is both comfortable and stylish. Perforations in the leather make hot days enjoyable on leather. Ride is spectacular.

Dash looks a little funky if you are not used to the Toyota line, but it grows on you and I actually prefer it now.

Roomy and reliable
By Janice

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have nearly 100,000 miles on the car and it still doesn't have any problems. We really like the roomy back seat with lots of leg room in front and back. We probably will buy another Avalon if the price is right.

Heated seats are great. We travel extensively so we like the trunk space too.

Include satellite radio! Bigger glove compartment. Wider side pockets to get things out easier.

2004 avalon xl
By Marie

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great mileage and very comfortable. Not very stylish though and considered and "old people's car" around here. I love it though.

Comfort and room.

I like it the way it is.

I love this car!
By AvalonXL

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 10-04-06. It is the finest vehicle I have ever driven. Smooth, comfy, handles easy. I had no idea a car could be this amazing. I drove from Oceanside, Ca. to Las Vegas Nv. on 1 tank of gas, over 300 miles & had gas to spare, amazing!

Smooth ride, comfy seats.

none

A pleasure to own
By Chris

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a large car for me and my family. The Avalon has a good rep for reliability (so far well deserved) and is a pleasure to ride in. While it is quick - it is not a sports car - it's more of a highway cruser of old. I have had this car for close to two years and still look forward to driving it. What a pleasure to have a car put together and so well thought out as this one. Even with the bottom package, all the stuff is included - the V-6, power windows, locks, ABS, premium sound and comfort. I looked at smaller cars with all the options added - the price is not much different.You want a large smooth comfortable car? Get the Avalon!

The ride! If you don't need to drive like you are in a race - this is a great car. Also the power of the V-6 is nice to have when you need it. This car has the resume of a Lexus at the price of a top end Toyota. The car has been reliable - turn the key and go.

Not much room for improvement. It would be nice to have it handle better and traction control on the XL trimline would also be good.