One Fine Automobile
By sayu on
2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
This has got to be the sleeper sedan of all. Hard to find any articles or data, beyond what we owners write, about this vehicle. I tried to uncover something, anything, on this model, before I went shopping. Looked at many sedans. Our objective was to find one with lots of room, yet would be easy for around town mobility. We love room and comfort while on the road, and this car delivers in spades. Totally satisfied with this car. It has it all, if you can live with a spirited 6 cylinder, for half the price of some competitors.
Favorite Features
I actually love the handling. Strong engine and I'm getting 30 mpg on the road. Tons of room. The auto sensing wipers – ‘how have I lived this long without them’, and the stability control system are both ported over from Lexus and are well worth it.
Suggested Improvements
The only quibbles I might have --- picky, picky, is my knee tends to bump up against the lower dash upon entry if not careful. The sunroof air deflector seems to deflect while in vibration mode, and it would be nice to do a 90 degree corner at 60. Hey, it's only a sedan.