2003 Toyota Avalon 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic w/Bucket Seats Consumer Review - My second AVALON

2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

XLS Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic w/Bucket Seats)

My second AVALON
By c6owner on

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalon. The only thing that stopped my first was Pontiac at midships. I had 165,000 miles with nothing going wrong. I didn't even need brakes until 130,000 miles. I bought the second and am having the same luck. It is more powerfull but has 28 MPG average Vs 30 on the 1996 version. Passengers still comment on interior room and comfort after now 60,000 miles. I drive for work, and go through a lot of cars. These two have outperfomed and have been more reliable than anything else I have had. If I can stay out of the way of other cars, this one will probably go to 300K miles.

Favorite Features

I love the JBL Stereo. I even bought JBL for the home after I bought this car. I have fun with the computer. The bench front seat and 120 volt outlet comes in handy when using the computer on the road, and giving additional charging flexibility for phones and such.

Suggested Improvements

It's still a bit frumpy looking. I agree the computer could use a "don't reset" option on trips.