2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
I'll like it
By yakinf on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 1996 Avalon XLS with 2003 Avalon XLS over the weekend. I think I made the right decision to go buy Toyota again. My old Avalon has been given me alot of fun and free of problem in the last couple years, but the new one is impress me more. I like the interior, the ride and the softness smooth driving experience. Even my wife likes it alot. She is very hard to convince and usually she will not like what I had bought in the past for her( I bought a 1999 Dodge Caravan brand new, but she just didn't like the car at all). But this time she just seems like it more than I do. Perfect 10 for avalon.

Could not find a better value
By happy customer on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a comfortable and reliable car. I am used to large US made sedans. I test drove Honda, Lexus ES300, Volvo S60 and on our way back decided to stop by at a Toyota dealer. Avalon was not even in our list of cars to consider. We test drove one, fell in love with it and drove it home the next day. After a few thousand miles on it, I feel I could not have made a better decision. It is quiet, comfortable (and expecting it to be) reliable.

Couldn't ask for More!!!
By J. Reeves on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has it all. It contains Luxury items only found in cars costing 15 to 20 thousand more. It is a Dream Car and has the Toyota Quallity to Back it Up....

3rd Avalon
By clifz on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Like this car for its ride reliability,good looks,safety features. Forward vision obstructed by pillars for someone who must drive with the seat far back.(like me).Great power,pickup. Wish they would eliminate that "style" sheet-metal crease that runs the length of the body. It's exactly the same height as the food market rolling baskets. Makes for a $400 dent removal. Really have no serious negative remarks. Of course, it's a bit pricey. Also, see they eliminated the secondary sun visor. If I wasn't impressed by this car, it wouldn't be my third in a row.

A Pleasant Surprise
By RTAB18 on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After renting a 2002 Avalon for two weeks, and driving it for over 2500 miles, I was very impressed as to how this car rode at high speeds for hours, without making me tired. The seats are comfortable, the back seats are like sitting on a sofa, the interior is roomy and very quiet, and the stereo is excellent. I decided then to buy a 2003 Avalon XLS, and I have not been disappointed. For a relatively large car the handling is very nimble, with decent acceleration. Breaking is smooth and competent. The only complaint I have is a ticking relay noise that eminates from under the dashboard.

Great Car & Not everyone has one!
By jcmckain on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a loaded '03:Love the auto lights & wipers & JBL sound,dash display, heated seats-even in Dallas, finish out, moonroof, spoiler,etc. Great acceleration & handling! Very roomy-70 yr old parents could get in & out of front & back very easily. Fits 3 in back very comfortably. I also like that fact that not everyone has one-you see so many of the same cars (Camrys,LS300's & the ubiquitous Suburbans,which is our other car), the Avalon has a greater interest appeal. I enjoy driving it around town after driving Suburbans for 12 years, its all sporty, yet luxurious & professional for client meetings, etc.

One good car
By devil dog on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon is a great vehicle, all the comforts one would want and the drive a car should have. Wife an daughter love the look.

Comfort and Reliability -- YES!
By Pete Mor on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon ride is outstanding. It is also extremely quiet, even with the potholes in the Washington DC area! Based on past experience (THIS car is too new), the Toyota reliability should be excellent. Experience with the dealer was typical (they pushed undercoating and extended warranties). I initially tried foolishly to order a car with the exact features I want. Finally, after two months with at least another month to go, I bought one "off the lot". The 7-speaker sound system is as smooth as the Avalon's ride. Attention to detail in both design and construction are extraordinary. I am delighted with the car.

Better -Second time around....
By star2359 on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Enjoyed my Diamond White 1999 Avalon for the past four years. Never had to excersize Toyota Warranty, not even once in 26000 miles. Always trouble- free, quiet, smooth and great mileage. So, last week I traded, for a new 2003 Avalon Lunar Mist. I bought the "Luxury Package" which gives me all the goodies I want, without paying for the XLS. My new '03 feels even better.

Toyota Avalon
By Nave on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

An excellent car you won't want to miss with excellent power.