2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Not a Lexus
By robert Sobieski on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is not the Luxury car I had hoped to get, dash is not driver friendly, should have radio/heater control on steering wheel, seats not comfortable, 4 way power seats does not give enough adjustment for comfort, computer on dash is big and ugly,lighting doesnt even match rest of controls ,needs a clock so you can leave computer off, wouldnt buy again,will trade for Lexus VERY SOON

One Fine Automobile
By sayu on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has got to be the sleeper sedan of all. Hard to find any articles or data, beyond what we owners write, about this vehicle. I tried to uncover something, anything, on this model, before I went shopping. Looked at many sedans. Our objective was to find one with lots of room, yet would be easy for around town mobility. We love room and comfort while on the road, and this car delivers in spades. Totally satisfied with this car. It has it all, if you can live with a spirited 6 cylinder, for half the price of some competitors.

2003 Avalon XLS
By londonml on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just came back from a 3000 mile trip. The 2003 Avalone perfomed flawlessly.

The Best Sedan for Anybody
By mosa on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars out there... It offers alot of things. It offers smoothness, reliability, a nice exterior/interior. It is very comfortable to sit in, front or back. There's alot of space for anyone to sit in the back. When I am driving the 2003 Toyota Avalon (XL), I feel like I am driving a 2003 Lexus... I just love my Avalon.

Why buy a Lexus
By yale on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I cannot believe the way my car rides. We took a trip for thanksgiving around 600 miles, my wife wouldnt let me drive. This car drives like a dream. Great sound system. The only problem I had was staying awake. My biggest problem so far is all its been doing is snowing, of course I keep my car under cover at that point, but I cant keep it clean with all the salt on the road. I hope this is the biggest problem I ever have with my toyota. All I can say is what a car. My mechanic who works on my audi tt told me the only difference between my toyota avalon xls and lexus, is the name plate. I LOVE IT..

A Lexus in Toyota Clothing
By Chas on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A limited budget kept me from buying another LS 400, so I swallowed my pride and looked at the Avalon. The moment I started it up, I knew it was something special. After driving it, I pronounced it "a Lexus masquerading as a Toyota". I decided on the fully loaded XLS. It differs very little from the Lexuses in quality and overall driving experience.

a nice car but
By qq on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is a nice car with plenty of room But the tire is too small compare with the huge body. It's like a huge man wear a tiny shoe.

A Lexus in Toyota Clothing
By chas on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice Car
By Mike_M on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very difficult to find the bench seat version. XL not even an option. Finally we found car in storage lot with dead battery and nearly flat tire. After these were fixed, car is excellent. Comfortable and well built.

Excellent Avalon Toyota
By givd on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Performace is very good, side mirrors have to be redigned, too big. rear tailights not the most appealing. Windshield wipers on high speed shake the entire car when idiling