2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Luxury in an affordable package
By Jimbo1 on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon is not going to win any styling awards or be confused with a sport sedan, but with that said, the Avalon has no other weaknesses. If you want to feel your surrounded in luxury and want a comfortable ride that even the best luxury car will be pressed to match. The Avalon is your car. The car is extremely quiet and with the upgraded sound system, it's almost like sitting in theater. Toyota reliability and workmanship in a glove leather package.

Avalon
By Hugo on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great Car! The best car I have ever owned. alot of car for the money. Would recomend to anyone.

Disappointing
By Larry Bienapfl on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Automatic temperature control is very inconsistent - to hot or to cold. Feet are hot, upper body cold. Brakes are poor, almost impossible to brake slowly they are on or off. Car nose dives when stopping quickly. Poor acceleration from stoped position. Doors must be slammed to close properly. Automatic wipers don't respond when needed. Poor traction in snow

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS
By Herb F. on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked up my new Avalon. Though I really like the car and it's design/amenities am sorely disappointed in the quality of the workmanship coming from the Kentucky assembly plant. Very poor fit on the body panels, interior plastic squeaks and the paint(pearl white) on the plastic rear bumper is about 8 shades darker than the rest of the car. Also, the wind noise with the moon roof open is almost deafening. Have owned 9 previous Toyotas but this is my first one assembled in the US. Perhaps I am expecting too much but the local service manager tells me that they have four times more problems with the US assembled Toyotas than those of the "J- Series".

A Remarkable Value
By traveler on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a sales rep that covers Ohio to the West Coast by car (20 States) I "live" in my car. I've had VW's Volvo's and Saturns over the last 20 years and NOTHING compares to the complete performance package of the Avalon XLS.

Why did I wait so long to buy an Avalon?
By Oldsergeant on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many automobiles over the past 70 years of my life including: 39 Ford Coupe, hot-rod Plymouth (yes, there were such things, Fords, Pontiac and Oldsmobile big engine daddys, Cadillacs, Camrys, and finally, the most pleasing automobile of all: My Avalon XLS. Wow!

Lexus Killer
By hboggs on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

What a vehicle! 20mpg in town in 2-3 mile trips and high 20's on the road. Comfort abounds, room room room. Looked at 2 series MB, but couldn't see the additional $. Drive a Lexus, just more wood & trim, basically the same car for far less $. I've owned just about everything in my life and for the first 3000 miles it's been equal to anything.

Not a Lexus
By robert Sobieski on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is not the Luxury car I had hoped to get, dash is not driver friendly, should have radio/heater control on steering wheel, seats not comfortable, 4 way power seats does not give enough adjustment for comfort, computer on dash is big and ugly,lighting doesnt even match rest of controls ,needs a clock so you can leave computer off, wouldnt buy again,will trade for Lexus VERY SOON

Toyota is the best
By THE1 on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Avalon!

One Fine Automobile
By sayu on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has got to be the sleeper sedan of all. Hard to find any articles or data, beyond what we owners write, about this vehicle. I tried to uncover something, anything, on this model, before I went shopping. Looked at many sedans. Our objective was to find one with lots of room, yet would be easy for around town mobility. We love room and comfort while on the road, and this car delivers in spades. Totally satisfied with this car. It has it all, if you can live with a spirited 6 cylinder, for half the price of some competitors.