2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Lincoln Man tries Toyota Avalon
By kjemiso on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Roomy enough for easy access for the handicap w/the bench seat and to accomodate a large walker or wheelchair. Only the 1990 Lincolns could do the same. Better buy. Taking it in; doesn't shift to low; door closes hard and just doesn't cool like the American makes. Like my Casis Pearl color; very attractive...

sorry i bought it
By cuezze on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like the styling of both the interior and exterior. I don't like the way the car handles on the hiway. It has pulled to the left from the first day that i bought it. They have aligned the front end 4 times and it still pulls. The car is not good if there is much wind it gets blown all over the road. The 2000 Impala that I traded was in my opinion a better built car.I would never buy a toyota again. I have driven other cars with a list price of the same or less and have decided that I made a big mistake.

Best of the Best ...Silent Screamer
By werewa on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my favorite car

Avalon climate control is bad design
By Trainguy on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Climate Control Air Conditioning System is the ablolute worst thing that have ever been put in a quality car like the Avalon. Temp control is very inconsistant and gives heat to your feet and cold to your body. Why this system could not have been made better, or at least the same, as any American Made Automobile with a Climate Control A/C is beyond understanding. American cars have had a working system for at least 8 years that is far superior to this. I could never recommend the Avalon XLS over the XL.

2003 toyota avalon xls
By rule on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great automobile to drive. Good comfort and very quiet on the road. Excelent quality thruout the vehicle.

Competition? What Competition...
By travelerjb on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This one I'd truly classify as a "luxury car". In every way it meets that criteria. Sure, it's NO sports sedan in the flavor of a BMW or Jaguar, but then it's not even close to those price ranges as well. If you want space, this car delivers in spades. All in all with the comfort level both in the seats and on the road it delivers. The engine has plenty of passing power, yet rarely let's you know it's there. The utter quiet is a welcome pleasure, especially on the brutal roads of the Midwest. I wasn't as intrigued with the Avalon until I drove a XLS loaded. I guess I like having it all, and indeed this car delivers.

Great w Two Annoying Flaws
By rpg on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Lux car equal to Lexus at 10K less.

Great Ride
By MesaDweller on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I have driven many different cars and none can compare to the Avalon's smooth, quiet and comfortable ride. Combined with Toyota reliability, it cant be beat.

The Best Full Size Car For The Money
By Robert Dye on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Moving form a performance oriented BMW to the more serene Avalon took a little bit of an adjustment. But I needed room to carry three adults and one child. The Toyota Avalon more than fills that need and does it in a level of comfort never expereinced with the Beemer. All the bells and wistles, and a powerplant that is Lexus quality. This car is hard to beat.

2003 avalon
By sgray on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 1996 avalon also. I like my older car much better. The 2003 has blind spots. The dash is too busy,and the gas milage is better on the 1996 model.