2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Avalon
By SR on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice car for the price

Great Car
By vdsavage on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned buicks, oldsmobiles, hondas, station wagons, and have test driven all of the larger sedans, including Mercedes, Maxima, Mazda, and Lexus, prior to buying this Avalon. They either have too much road or wind noise. I cannot tolerate the least of those. For the money, I do not think there is a better buy. It is truly the smoothest quietest ride we have experienced. We tried them all. I am very picky about wind and road noise. Sales people do not like to deal with me.

Reliability problem
By Tycam on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 2000 miles and 2 1/2 months ownership, car's power steering pump failed while driving with a friend on a trip to Florida. Three months later charcoal canaster was leaking and needed to be replaced. Enjoy everything about the car, am considering replacing it due to reliability. I need a car that is dependable.

2003 avalon xls
By billiboy on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Test drive before you shop Lexus ES300 or Infiniti I35 sedan. Very Quiet and roomy, good acceleration, feels like a Lexus inside. Exterior Styling bland but functional. A Japanese Buick, with higher quality than its American counterpart. Low maintenance and insurance rates.

support engineer
By andrew chang on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is very comfortable. The accelation is very smooth. The rear room is spacious and relax.

2003 Avalon is still noisy
By Mary Payne on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I heard something like wind noise in the front. The salesman, of course, said no, no. He couldn't hear anything. This is a luxury car. The audio system was fabulous. The salesman was talking. I turned off the music. I asked him to be quiet. On surface streets, it was lovely. The fan was blowing when I took it onto the freeway. But after I purchased it and drove it on the freeway all alone and with everything turned off, there is DEFINITELY noise. I still can't pinpoint it or figure out how this can be.

Loving my 4 door Avalon XLS Sedan!!
By Jo Ann Kimber on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We just bought our second Toyota Avalon XLS & really like it. It's got a beautiful interior with wood trim on console, & steering wheel has a rich look with both leather & wood. The bucket seats are comfortable (we chose leather) & seat a larger person with ease. It has excellent handling which makes it a fun car to drive. Our 2001 Toyota Avalon didn't get the mileage that Toyota suggested we would, but I think that's because I use my air- conditioner year round, daily. We also know that Toyota has an excellent resale value. Love my new Toyota Avalon!!

Avalon XLS
By Hexman on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have always wanted this car ever since I sat in the back seat of a friend's 1999 Avalon. I was amazed at the room. This model has lived up to the expectations. Besides the interior room, the riding comfort is outstanding. I have owned 2 Saab 9000's, and I'm very pleased with the Avalon's luxury feel. On the downside, while the handling is fine for me, it does not handle like my Saabs or other sports sedans I've driven. I need to slow down a lot more going into turns with the car sliding more than hugging the road. It is fine on the freeway, but my wife feels it tends to drift a little.

I want a Mercedes but cannot afford one.
By Roy Cruise on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Rest assured its quality.`

Avalon Review
By wtlson on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife who is 82 years old . She has been driving a 1992cadillac deville , She refuses to drive the avalon . She says there are too many buttons . So I am driving the avalon .My biggest complaint is the steering wheel . I have to hold my arms extende in front of me ,and it is tiring . I am 84 years old , 6feet 2 inches and eeigh 220 lbs so I have to put the seat all the way back . The car is fun to drive ,and we use it for short errands , I need to get on the highway .