2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Car!!
By kes44 on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We enjoy our Avalon -- especially the room. Any "problems" were well taken care of by the dealer, and they were nothing major, just a few adjustments.

LOVE MY AVALON
By Pugnme on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has many of the features of other cars at thousands of dollars less. It also has more room than the most of its competition. In you're looking for a full size luxury vehicle, you should NOT buy a new car without taking a good look at the Avalon. If you are in the Pittsburgh PA area, be sure to see the folks at Rohrich Toyota. They treated us great.

cheaper than a lexus
By njenel on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride, comfortable, large trunk, roomy back seat.

Great Comfort and Power
By GoVols on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has great acceleration speed and provides superb comfort. I considered the Camry; however, the comfort level of the Avalon is leaps and bounds above it. There is an abundance of leg room in the rear passenger seats. Good handling ability. Large trunk. Fuel mileage in city driving rarely exceeds 21 mpg.

Best car ever
By Polo on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best Car I have ever owned, 7-8k less than Lexus es300 but just as good. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Luxury XLS
By kdsmom on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon has been an excellent car although I have had it only 1 month. I am teaching my daughter to drive in it. She thinks it is great to drive. It is very smooth and easy to handle. My last vehicle was an SUV so this is a luxurious upgrade!

Drive before you Buy
By JohnC on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Avalon we have purchased. The first was a 1996. Toyota has really "aged" this car. Steering in numb and requires constant correction at highway speeds. It is almost tiring to drive. Had to return it to the dealer at 500 miles - steering wheel was off center. Also too many rattles in a car of this price. On the positive side - room and comfort for passengers is outstanding

Evaluation '03 XLS Avalon
By Thomas C. on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just an ALL around fun car to own and drive. I think that it drives and handles better than '03 LS Lincoln! My wife owns a Toyato also,'02 Camry LS, and she's very happy with it!

Avalon
By SR on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice car for the price

Great Car
By vdsavage on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned buicks, oldsmobiles, hondas, station wagons, and have test driven all of the larger sedans, including Mercedes, Maxima, Mazda, and Lexus, prior to buying this Avalon. They either have too much road or wind noise. I cannot tolerate the least of those. For the money, I do not think there is a better buy. It is truly the smoothest quietest ride we have experienced. We tried them all. I am very picky about wind and road noise. Sales people do not like to deal with me.