2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
A Great Three Years
By TOM on 08/01/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Three years and 42,000 trouble free miles after buying our first Avalon, we are Avalon fans. Our XLS was ordered with the "wing" to liven up it's bland appearance at least a little bit. We are even starting to think it is a nice looking vehicle! Really! We tried out a 2006 Avalon Limited recently and found the driver visibility of our 2003 to be far better so we are hanging on to our present Avalon. Highway mileage is routinely 30 mpg + and seems to be gradually improving with age.

Great Luxury Car for the Money
By Howard on 01/21/06 02:27 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Driving in comfort; lots of power and pick up, yet economical and affordable.

AWESOME!!!
By Lindsey on 12/07/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this car. It drives so smooth and comfortable. Very reliable and fun. Nice and roomy! I feel very safe too!

Wind Noise is the Problem
By kprko on 10/08/05 15:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wind noise from both sided leaking thru the doors will cost over $200 for new window runners. Air conditioning vents blow cold air directly on you is a nuisance. After 3 years the dash component seams are separating. Steering wheel controls are sorely missed

Wonderful car
By ambi on 08/13/05 09:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

No doubt about it, I will purchase another Avalon. This car has more comfort in the rear and front than most of the largest. Everyone who rides in the rear seat is amazed at the comfort.

2003 Avalon Review
By Randy on 07/08/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a Toyota Camry. The Avalon is definitely a step-up in quality. This is a more plush car with an abundance of features, ease of handling, and quiet ride. My only negative is the computer controlled excellerator. There is a "lag" that you don't notice in "direct wired" gas pedals. It is annoying when you really need to get out of the way fast.

My second AVALON
By c6owner on 04/30/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalon. The only thing that stopped my first was Pontiac at midships. I had 165,000 miles with nothing going wrong. I didn't even need brakes until 130,000 miles. I bought the second and am having the same luck. It is more powerfull but has 28 MPG average Vs 30 on the 1996 version. Passengers still comment on interior room and comfort after now 60,000 miles. I drive for work, and go through a lot of cars. These two have outperfomed and have been more reliable than anything else I have had. If I can stay out of the way of other cars, this one will probably go to 300K miles.

after 43k miles
By RS of VA on 03/09/05 13:56 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Body integrity is one complaint. Doors require a little extra push to latch....often require a second slam. Trip computer resets every time you stop so what good is the "trip" computation....also mileage resets after every tank full so there is no accumulating mileage for all types of driving.

Outstanding highway car
By emiddle on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I travel about 30,000 miles per year in my job. The Avalon is an ideal choice for this type of use. Definitely a Lexus in a Toyota wrapper.

Love this car
By SLK on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We test drove this vehicle and fell in love with it. Didn't even bother with two other models with which we were comparing. The ride was smooth and noise free....two things that were on our list of 'wants.' Almost a year later and we still think it's a great piece of machinery!