2003 Toyota Avalon XL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Avalon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Sort Reviews by

Wow!
By Que

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Avalon XLS is my first Toyota after 13 straight years of driving an Accord and I couldn't be happier with my choice. The ride is quiet and superb. Acceleration is smooth and powerful, with a truly superior stereo. Heads turn everywhere I go, and with good reason...it's beautiful!

Favorite Features

Styling, reliability, stereo, dash.

Suggested Improvements

Folding side view mirrors.

OUTSTANDING VEHICLE !!!!!!!!!!!!
By warren loewe

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

AFTER HAVE A MAXIMA (7YRS) & PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GT (2YRS) I FIND THIS CAR TO BE SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY. MAXIMA WAS A GREAT CAR, BUT I FEEL NISSAN HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT RIDE, COMFORT AND INTERIOR LOOKS FOR HORSEPOWER. I FEEL THE PONTIAC IS THE BEST OF THE GM LOT AND WAS A VERY GOOD CAR BUT THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT THE PONTIAC BECAUSE OF THE GM CARD REBATE I HAD TO USE UP.I ALSO HAD A GREAT DEALER IN ARLINGTON TO WORK WITH.

Favorite Features

RIDE, INTERIOR COMFORT & LOOKS, JBL STEREO SYSTEM,REGULAR GAS, ENGINE POWER,AUTOMATIC WIPERS. MY WIFE LOVES THE MEMORY SEAT (I'M 6'4" SHE'S 5' 3") AND DUAL AC.

Suggested Improvements

SHOULD HAVE MORE OF A CHOICE IN ALLOY WHEELS (SPORTY) !

Very Good
By DANIEL GRIFFIN

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very good car. I have owned 3 of them 1996, 1999, and 2002 and all of them were great cars.

Favorite Features

The reliability is great.

Suggested Improvements

They should up the horse power.

New Avalon
By Castelli

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very smooth quiet ride. Love all of the loaded features this car has to offer. Roomy interior and large trunk. Good safety and reliability ratings is a couple of the reasons I looked at this car. Needs to improve Driver frontal crash rating.

Favorite Features

Dual Air, 6 CD changer, Large easy-to- read computer display. Lexus-like features and quality.

Suggested Improvements

Side view mirrors are fixed instead of collapsable. Wish the audio controls were on the steering wheel also. Back seats should fold down to extend trunk.

The Cadilac of Japanese cars
By Avi

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this an absolutly a great car. there is no other. mercedes or bmw cant compare. the ride, the convience and reliabilty are just exceptional. i suggest this car who wants luxury car with a sporty feel.

Favorite Features

the features are the jbl system back comfort seats(feels like your sitting in first class) and the extermly quiet cabin

Suggested Improvements

noce but keep up the good work

beware of paint staining
By Hands501

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We've had the vehicle for two weeks, and love it so far. We did have trouble with the dealer, when the detailing department sprayed tire dressing on the tires. The dressing then stained the diamond white paint. The dealership had to buff out the clear coat and repaint the wheelwells and back quarterpanels (lower portion only). The service manager commented that the paint on the white cars was easy to stain. Purchased our 2003 model for $30,000, with moonroof, heated leather seats, floor mats, and diamond white paint, but only got wholesale for our '99 Chysler LHS.

Favorite Features

love the automatic windshield wipers.

Suggested Improvements

Fold back mirrors.

New Owner
By W.D.

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First foreign auto but I believe we got the pick of the litter. Had a Sedan Deville for several years and already the Avalon has made us forget about the luxury and performance of the Cadillac. Will want to give another review after subtantial number of miles are driven.

Favorite Features

Style and comfort. Ample power, minimal amount of wind noise.

Suggested Improvements

Owner's manual needs to be in sections for exact model/options rather than having them lumped together and having to figure out which fits your auto. I have to ask: is this feature on my model or another.

Luxury From Toyota
By Daniel Morthole

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has a very luxurious interior and the 2003 Avalon is even beter. The 2003 Avalon has a navigation system, mine didn't come, even as an option.

Favorite Features

The seats are very comfortable

Suggested Improvements

No Comments

Smoother than Volvo.
By tabarr

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After deciding to purchase a Volvo S80, we, on a lark, test drove the Avalon. What a difference! The Avalon is smoother, quieter, has more user-friendly amenities...and cost less. We drove away in the Avalon and have not regretted it. Wonderful car to drive.

Favorite Features

Seating is very comfortable, sound system awesome. No noticeable bad habits, ie. underteer, oversteer, etc. Four-wheel disk brakes very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

None.

An Excellent Value & Lots of Room
By Donn

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Avalon XLS is driven primarily by my wife, but it is our family car when we go places together, and then I usually drive. With an on-the-road price of $33,000, it is an exceptional value. Our friends in the back seat consistently applaud the 40+ inches of rear leg room -- same as in a Mercedes "S" sedan. Totally reliable, too.

Favorite Features

Roomy, especially rear leg room. Peppy acceleration and smooth handling. Good stereo system. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

(1) Offer a navigation system option; (2) Find a better place for the front cup holders so drinks are not in the way of the shifter. (3) Exterior styling could be better.