Used 2003 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Avalon Review
By wtlson

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife who is 82 years old . She has been driving a 1992cadillac deville , She refuses to drive the avalon . She says there are too many buttons . So I am driving the avalon .My biggest complaint is the steering wheel . I have to hold my arms extende in front of me ,and it is tiring . I am 84 years old , 6feet 2 inches and eeigh 220 lbs so I have to put the seat all the way back . The car is fun to drive ,and we use it for short errands , I need to get on the highway .

I like the quiteness and comfort

I believe it would be more comfortable if the steering column was about 2 inches longer .

AVALON SUPERIOR CAR
By Connery, Sean

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased my AVALON, I had no idea what an AVALON was - had never heard the name. I saw it on a lot and asked, "What is That?" I checked the "specks" and decided to buy. The single best decision I have ever made. The nicest car I have owned.

Quiet, smooth, trouble free

no suggestions.

Fabulous Automobile in All Respects
By professorkevin

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned over 25 automobiles (and I'm only 36 y.o.!), and my recently purchased 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS (bucket seats model; Lunar Mist Metallic/Stone Leather; fully loaded) is, by far, the best automobile I've ever owned. My parents have owned their share of fine automobiles, including Lexus, and the level of refinement and quality with this automobile can easily be compared with the top-level Lexus LS Sedans. From the ultra smooth VVT-i V6 engine, to the superb ride, to the excellent fit and finish throughout, this car is fabulous in all respects and a great value.

Refinement; Overall Design (interior and exterior); Legendary Toyota Quality

None.....but I do look forward to even more great things with the redesign for Avalon, scheduled for 2005. My only suggestion for Toyota is to advertise the Avalon more often! Let more people know how great this car is!

Lincoln Man tries Toyota Avalon
By kjemiso

2003 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Roomy enough for easy access for the handicap w/the bench seat and to accomodate a large walker or wheelchair. Only the 1990 Lincolns could do the same. Better buy. Taking it in; doesn't shift to low; door closes hard and just doesn't cool like the American makes. Like my Casis Pearl color; very attractive...

Roomy, leather seats, thigh support is better than Lincoln.

Keep the interior size for future designs and keep the bench seats-- definitely a hit for those w/special handicap needs and for top quality.

sorry i bought it
By cuezze

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like the styling of both the interior and exterior. I don't like the way the car handles on the hiway. It has pulled to the left from the first day that i bought it. They have aligned the front end 4 times and it still pulls. The car is not good if there is much wind it gets blown all over the road. The 2000 Impala that I traded was in my opinion a better built car.I would never buy a toyota again. I have driven other cars with a list price of the same or less and have decided that I made a big mistake.

It looks nice

I don"t care. I wont buy this car again