2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Dealership problems w/ Northridge Toyota
By Todd Trebah on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving 3 Mercedes models, I stumbled across the '03 Toyota Avalon-- was very much surprised on the quality, comfort & performance of the car. However, this dealership left much to be desired --- from misrepresenting several items that were supposed to be included in the price to guarantee/warranty specifics.

I'm hooked and for good reason!!!!!!
By Linda Sullivan on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I must say that after driving a lincoln for many years. I am loving the ride and style of my Avalon and it compares to the lincoln quality in every way and the price could not be any better.I would recommend this car to every one I know and even those I do not.My friends are shocked at all the interior room of the Avalon and the smooth and quiet ride it has. So much so that two of them are going to purchase one for themselves.

I'M IN HEAVEN!
By TERRY on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I feel like i'm floating on a cloud. The ride is so smoothe. There are no "blind" areas. My previous car was a Gran Prix. It had all of the bells and whistles, but had a very hard ride. I get a new car every 5 years...Can't wait to see what Toyota has in store for 2008!

Looked at everything
By Physco on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I looked at lots of options, attended car shows, read available information and spent 1.5 years before making our decision to buy our Avalon. Since we keep our vehicles longer than 10 years, we are careful when making our decisions to purchase. Our 2nd place choices were the Acura (much less interior room) and the Lexus RX300. We are certain this was the best choice considering the cost of ownership and our tastes.

2nd Avalon
By Stargazerm31 on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalon (1997 XL) version and I loved it. I decided on this car because I love the luxury ride in my 190 minute round trip commute. I didn't want or need the sports car performance, but wanted a good powerful car with a soft ride. The leather seats are large and comfortable. The seat heaters are a must for Indiana weather and work great. The stereo is great with the in-dash 6-cd changer. Backseat will hold two large adults without challenge and 3 adults can ride well in the backseat. The trunk is very large, but some might miss the lack of a fold down back seat. There is a ski opening to the trunk from the backseats but that is all.

My Review
By John Poghosian on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I used to own a 1993 Acura Legend and was totally satisfied with it until a friend from my college days bought a 1995 Avalon XLS. Was in-audible, and the transmission was the smoothest sounding I had heard, even from my finely maintained Acura. I guess it was from then on I decided to purchase my own Avalon, but I had onyl bought a new Acura but two years ago. I recently sold my Acura and had been saving money so I decided to pursue my dream, I bought a 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS equipped with all the original Toyota goodies offered. I did end up paying a hefty price but it was well worth it. I chose all the options available.

'03 Avalon XLS
By RCH on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 Maxima SE's, we decided to go with a little more comfort & luxury, and have not been disappointed. Very smooth and comfortable transportation. A great highway cruiser with pretty good gas mileage (28+ w/only 1,500 miles). It handles the beat up Chicago-area roads very well.

Great Car
By aj60 on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I went in looking for a Toyota Highlander (own one) and came out with the Avalon. I purchased the ES model with only option being power seats . The dealership, price, But more importantly the Car sold me.

Wow!
By Que on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Avalon XLS is my first Toyota after 13 straight years of driving an Accord and I couldn't be happier with my choice. The ride is quiet and superb. Acceleration is smooth and powerful, with a truly superior stereo. Heads turn everywhere I go, and with good reason...it's beautiful!

OUTSTANDING VEHICLE !!!!!!!!!!!!
By warren loewe on 09/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

AFTER HAVE A MAXIMA (7YRS) & PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GT (2YRS) I FIND THIS CAR TO BE SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY. MAXIMA WAS A GREAT CAR, BUT I FEEL NISSAN HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT RIDE, COMFORT AND INTERIOR LOOKS FOR HORSEPOWER. I FEEL THE PONTIAC IS THE BEST OF THE GM LOT AND WAS A VERY GOOD CAR BUT THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT THE PONTIAC BECAUSE OF THE GM CARD REBATE I HAD TO USE UP.I ALSO HAD A GREAT DEALER IN ARLINGTON TO WORK WITH.