2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Couldn't Be Happier
By seddy83 on 01/19/10 21:04 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car. I only intended on keeping it for a few years but I love it too much not to keep it in my family. I have not experienced any maintenance issues. Since I purchased the vehicle, I've only had to do regular maintenance like oil changes, tires rotated, new wiper blades, etc. The only draw back to the car is that a cassette player came stock even though I have premium JBL speakers. Good thing I could swap it out with one that I can link my iPod to.

Low cost comfort
By Wayne on 01/19/10 10:40 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car 5 years old and 77000 miles for $10,000, much cheaper than new. It is very comfortable on long trips, a very quiet and smooth ride. Good gas mileage. My wife felt the looks needed some pizazz, so I bought a spoiler online and had a bodyshop paint and install it for her birthday present. It adds a lot of character. A few months later, I bought a 2003 Lexus ES 300 and driving one car is almost like driving the other, although the Lexus has a few more amenities. I am absolutely sold on Toyota quality and dependability, after owning 4 GM cars and one Dodge.

Great investment
By thomas hoehn on 02/21/09 13:43 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Over 100,000 and runs great, over 80,000 on the Michelin tires. Starts up every time. Great ride and lots of room in trunk and interior easy to maintain without nickle and dimeing you to death.

60,000 miles later
By kmmowe on 11/15/08 11:45 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

No problems in 5 years/60,000 miles except warranty issue on the horn assembly (horn would go off intermittently). Dealer replaced air bag assembly in steering wheel and that solved the problem. OEM battery lasted 3 years

AWESOME!!!
By Lindsey on 12/07/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this car. It drives so smooth and comfortable. Very reliable and fun. Nice and roomy! I feel very safe too!

2003 Avalon Review
By Randy on 07/08/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a Toyota Camry. The Avalon is definitely a step-up in quality. This is a more plush car with an abundance of features, ease of handling, and quiet ride. My only negative is the computer controlled excellerator. There is a "lag" that you don't notice in "direct wired" gas pedals. It is annoying when you really need to get out of the way fast.

a
By zwuo on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had problem w/ start this car during cold weather

Great Car!!
By kes44 on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We enjoy our Avalon -- especially the room. Any "problems" were well taken care of by the dealer, and they were nothing major, just a few adjustments.

Best car ever
By Polo on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best Car I have ever owned, 7-8k less than Lexus es300 but just as good. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Avalon
By SR on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Nice car for the price