2003 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
2003 Toyota Avalon XLS
By MSch0829 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Toyota Avalon XLS. The car is very reliable!

Ho Hum -- It's Perfect
By Unicornguy on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalon. Traded in my 8th new Cadillac on the 2000 Avalon, because I was tired of poor quality. The fit, finish, and overall quality of the Avalon impressed me as much as that of the Lexus 300 sedan -- and it's a bigger car, with more room for back seat passengers.

LOVE MY AVALON
By Pugnme on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has many of the features of other cars at thousands of dollars less. It also has more room than the most of its competition. In you're looking for a full size luxury vehicle, you should NOT buy a new car without taking a good look at the Avalon. If you are in the Pittsburgh PA area, be sure to see the folks at Rohrich Toyota. They treated us great.

cheaper than a lexus
By njenel on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride, comfortable, large trunk, roomy back seat.

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS
By Herb F. on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked up my new Avalon. Though I really like the car and it's design/amenities am sorely disappointed in the quality of the workmanship coming from the Kentucky assembly plant. Very poor fit on the body panels, interior plastic squeaks and the paint(pearl white) on the plastic rear bumper is about 8 shades darker than the rest of the car. Also, the wind noise with the moon roof open is almost deafening. Have owned 9 previous Toyotas but this is my first one assembled in the US. Perhaps I am expecting too much but the local service manager tells me that they have four times more problems with the US assembled Toyotas than those of the "J- Series".

Why did I wait so long to buy an Avalon?
By Oldsergeant on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many automobiles over the past 70 years of my life including: 39 Ford Coupe, hot-rod Plymouth (yes, there were such things, Fords, Pontiac and Oldsmobile big engine daddys, Cadillacs, Camrys, and finally, the most pleasing automobile of all: My Avalon XLS. Wow!

Not a Lexus
By robert Sobieski on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is not the Luxury car I had hoped to get, dash is not driver friendly, should have radio/heater control on steering wheel, seats not comfortable, 4 way power seats does not give enough adjustment for comfort, computer on dash is big and ugly,lighting doesnt even match rest of controls ,needs a clock so you can leave computer off, wouldnt buy again,will trade for Lexus VERY SOON

Nice Car
By Mike_M on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very difficult to find the bench seat version. XL not even an option. Finally we found car in storage lot with dead battery and nearly flat tire. After these were fixed, car is excellent. Comfortable and well built.

I'm hooked and for good reason!!!!!!
By Linda Sullivan on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I must say that after driving a lincoln for many years. I am loving the ride and style of my Avalon and it compares to the lincoln quality in every way and the price could not be any better.I would recommend this car to every one I know and even those I do not.My friends are shocked at all the interior room of the Avalon and the smooth and quiet ride it has. So much so that two of them are going to purchase one for themselves.

My Review
By John Poghosian on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bench Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I used to own a 1993 Acura Legend and was totally satisfied with it until a friend from my college days bought a 1995 Avalon XLS. Was in-audible, and the transmission was the smoothest sounding I had heard, even from my finely maintained Acura. I guess it was from then on I decided to purchase my own Avalon, but I had onyl bought a new Acura but two years ago. I recently sold my Acura and had been saving money so I decided to pursue my dream, I bought a 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS equipped with all the original Toyota goodies offered. I did end up paying a hefty price but it was well worth it. I chose all the options available.