Best Car Ever?
By dave on
2002 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I have the bench seat version which I highly recommend if you want even more space. I have over 134,000 miles on this car and have driven it for almost 6 years. No problems. None. Lucky me but I do take incredible care of this car. I love this car, probably why I take such good care of it. Elegant but for the price it was the best out there. So roomy and quiet and I love the styling. I didn't want to pay the Lexus price, you could say it is the poor man's Lexus but you don't cheat yourself. When Toyota redesigned the Avalon they screwed up big. This car is better than the new models for the price you will pay. Smooth to drive. I will keep this car as long as humanly possible.
Favorite Features
Bench seats, shift on the column, roomy interior. Rides great even though corners are not great but I didnt buy it to drive like a sports car. Quiet. Dashboard. Large trunk. Quality. Lunar mist color. Skid Control. Large moonroof. This car will last well beyond 250,000 miles that is my guess.
Suggested Improvements
One review on here said he drove 24000 miles and had to change all 4 breaks shoes. At 90,000 mine were still good according to the dealer but changed them anyway. I baby my car except maybe fast driving on a clear highway. Leather is very good but not great, not disappointed at all.