Used 2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Best Car I've Owned
By Fulf

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The first 9 months I owned this car I put on 23,000 miles driving 100 miles roundtrip to work each day. The time flew by due in part to the comfort of the ride, quietness, and ease of handling. It handled extremely well in the WI winter weather of snow and ice. I'm ready to buy a 2004!

Favorite Features

The whole car!

Suggested Improvements

Just picky stuff. Wish you could track fuel consumption by each tank of gas vs each trip. How about heated steering wheel? (I'm a woman!)

What a car!
By June

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Toyota, bought because of the reliability of the prior two. This car is a dream of comfort and luxury. Quiet, smooth, comfortable, beautiful. And of course, that famous and well deserved reputation for reliability. I waited years to get a car like this, and it was worth the wait.

Favorite Features

Beauty, comfortable seats, informative display, climate control, rides like a dream, handles very well, lots of room for extra people.

Suggested Improvements

Please move the speedometer back to where it belongs, in front of the driver. Needs better drink holders.

Affordable Luxury
By CWR

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Extremely quiet, smooth and handles very well on mountain roads. Perfectly adequate power and excellent mileage for a vehicle of this size and weight. Literally service free except for oil and lube since purchase. Nice interior design, especially the dash.

Favorite Features

CD changer & sound system Dash layout Auto-dimming rearview mirror

Greatest Car!!!
By my review

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars out there... it is comfortable, luxurious, nice exterior/interior, smooth, and has a lot of leg room in the front and back...

Favorite Features

I like the jbl sound system, the color, the front seats, they are very comfortable, and the exterior and interior... These are just a few of millions of features...

Suggested Improvements

I think they should put bigger tires, fix the the front exterior just a little bit & add heated seats to the back...

first toyota
By william1735

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first toyota I've owned and so far I'm very happy with it. The car handles and rides extremely well. The fit and finish is great. On our first trip out of town we got 31.4 miles per gallon.The car has every option and thet all work wery good and easy to use. One thing missing is a light under the hood, this is pretty minor considering the over all car. would definately reccomend this car.

Favorite Features

the power memory seats, it makes it much easier when two people drive the car.

Suggested Improvements

the rain sensing wipers need some kind of adjustment so driver could make own adjustments.