Used 2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

cove review
By smith

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle gets very good gas mileage. It has very good, get up and go power. With 80,000 miles, we have had no major mechanical incidents. We love the roomy trunk space, as well as the full size spare tire. The one negative: the trunk lid sounds like a piece of tin when one shuts it giving a sense of cheapness. Otherwise, an excellent purchase. Resale value is not yet known but we will know soon.

Dependability.

Need a quality trunk lid.

love this car!
By kylee

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car! From the rich leather interior and exterior classic looks; love the heated seats! The interior is so roomy and the trunk is large. I get so many compliments on this car; especially the color. Desert Sand Mica. I WILL buy another Avalon in the future. Although, not too soon, as in 4 years, I only have 20,000 miles on the odometer. If you are considering a new car purchase, I would greatly recommend ANY TOYOTA PURCHASE. The quality and reliability are 1st rate. This car also has the split-bench front seats and I love them.

Luxurious interior and roominess. Heated seats. Premium audio system. Great fuel mileage.

Remove the ashtray and make it a drink holder. The holder in the front console is NOT convenient. Add break-away mirrors.

I absolutely love it!
By Jan Gates

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have never enjoyed driving, owning, sitting in, riding in or traveling in any vehicle as much as I have enjoyed my Avalon. The dealership has tried but have yet to be successful in convincing me to trade it in because nothing seems better. Our friends always want us to drive and we usually agree because it's so comfortable.

I love the seat adjustments, I love the incredible leg room in all 6 spots. I think the dash board was a stroke of genius. I think the peripheral views are excellent and better than most other vehicles. The trunk size is amazing considering the space inside the car.

The hose needs to be insulated from the engine heat so that when using the vents the air retains outside temp. A pocket behind the front passenger seat would be nice. The heated air flow for floor only is obstructed to the rear.

Overpriced XLS
By overpriced

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

comfortable ride, good acceleration, good amenities. However, transaxle has whine between 30 and 40 mph; wind noise around outside mirrors. Shouldn't have these problems with top of line Toyota and for the price.

apparent good reliability after 2.5 years and 24000 miles. comfortable ride, excellent auto climate control, XLS amenities.

eliminate annoying road/transaxle noises, equip with a quieter set of tires (has Michelins)

Rides like Butta'
By shab1

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Couln"t be more pleased with a vehicle. Only have had 5 cars...all purchased new...all foreign...1 previous Toyota (stolen at 10 yrs old. Looked great, drove great...didn"t start once / battery). The 2002 Avalon is fantastic. Would buy again.

cd player/changer, heated seats, Trust of drive...and as I've said "drives like butter!"

Ragtop