2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
cove review
By smith on 08/17/06 17:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle gets very good gas mileage. It has very good, get up and go power. With 80,000 miles, we have had no major mechanical incidents. We love the roomy trunk space, as well as the full size spare tire. The one negative: the trunk lid sounds like a piece of tin when one shuts it giving a sense of cheapness. Otherwise, an excellent purchase. Resale value is not yet known but we will know soon.

love this car!
By kylee on 03/04/06 19:19 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE this car! From the rich leather interior and exterior classic looks; love the heated seats! The interior is so roomy and the trunk is large. I get so many compliments on this car; especially the color. Desert Sand Mica. I WILL buy another Avalon in the future. Although, not too soon, as in 4 years, I only have 20,000 miles on the odometer. If you are considering a new car purchase, I would greatly recommend ANY TOYOTA PURCHASE. The quality and reliability are 1st rate. This car also has the split-bench front seats and I love them.

I absolutely love it!
By Jan Gates on 02/18/05 21:17 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have never enjoyed driving, owning, sitting in, riding in or traveling in any vehicle as much as I have enjoyed my Avalon. The dealership has tried but have yet to be successful in convincing me to trade it in because nothing seems better. Our friends always want us to drive and we usually agree because it's so comfortable.

Overpriced XLS
By overpriced on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

comfortable ride, good acceleration, good amenities. However, transaxle has whine between 30 and 40 mph; wind noise around outside mirrors. Shouldn't have these problems with top of line Toyota and for the price.

Rides like Butta'
By shab1 on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Couln"t be more pleased with a vehicle. Only have had 5 cars...all purchased new...all foreign...1 previous Toyota (stolen at 10 yrs old. Looked great, drove great...didn"t start once / battery). The 2002 Avalon is fantastic. Would buy again.

By R.T. on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first NEW car I have ever owned. I did much research before buying this car. It is everything I expected it to be and more. I was involved in a head on collision while driving this Avalon. I thought I was dead. I honestly believe that this car saved my life. Thank you Toyota for building this car. I know that I will be more than happy in my next Avalon and I know that I will be safe.

A bit more effort and it is a TEN
By pennwren on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wonderful car to drive and transport passengers. Door handle quality is poor with pealing chrome. When rear left window is down about 4 inches I get a noise of flapping. I will buy another one but test drive with windows slightly down in back as the noise of flapping is very irritating. The only other problem I have had is the rear bumper paint is very fragile. It scrapes off with minor friction.

Avalon - Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Canyoncat on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The best car I ever owned! Never a problem. Consistently hits 30-32 MPG on the highway and 22 city.

Love my car!
By JanS on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this car. I have severe back problems and this is the only place I can actually be comfortable. The only flaw I found was in the cruise control. It does not maintain it's speed on a decline. I have never been happier with a car than I have been with this.

Still a lot to work on
By eshifrin on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Car is OK overall. Few problems: 1. Front window is crap (5 scratches on it in 2 years) 2. Losing all power if you put regular gas. 3. Hard to reach front display. 4. No alarm on XLS Style 5. Brake shose must be replased after 25k (should be after 40k)