2002 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Best car I've driven, ever!
By murty on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car a couple of months ago with nearly 150k miles on it, & I love driving it. My mechanic was impressed with its condition; he told me it will go another 100k! I have owned cars with 150k miles, always as a 2nd owner, & I always found them fairly uncomfortable. I've owned a '76 Honda Civic, an '86 Toyota Tercel (which still runs), an '85 GM Oldsmobile, & a '94 Ford Taurus. The feel of the Avalon is not sporty, but it is wonderfully smooth and powerful. Suddenly I want to go for long drives again, like when I first began driving at 16. I've only owned it for a couple of months, but already I am hoping to sell another of my cars to buy a 2nd Avalon (a newer XLS or Ltd).

Nice cruiser roomy - noisy shocks
By avalonowner on 05/11/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have put about 30k on mine since buying new. Had to replace brakes. It is based on the same platform as the 97-2002 Camry. I owned a 1998 Camry which had shocks that made knocking noises over bumpy pavement. This Avalon, while very serene, also does the same thing. Maybe the bushings? It's annoying considering the rest of the car is pretty tight. Rear door squeaks when opening. Otherwise, it has been a reliable, relaxing vehicle.

Tried em all
By toyota again on 03/08/07 14:57 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Avalon is the nicest ride I ever felt. Reliable, durable, just can't be beat.

Best car ever owned!
By Susan on 01/15/07 14:53 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Can't be beat! Best auto I've ever owned, I plan to buy another very soon and my husband will take my currently owned Avalon - we don't want to give it up.

I absolutely love it!
By Jan Gates on 02/18/05 21:17 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have never enjoyed driving, owning, sitting in, riding in or traveling in any vehicle as much as I have enjoyed my Avalon. The dealership has tried but have yet to be successful in convincing me to trade it in because nothing seems better. Our friends always want us to drive and we usually agree because it's so comfortable.

Greatest Car!!!
By my review on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars out there... it is comfortable, luxurious, nice exterior/interior, smooth, and has a lot of leg room in the front and back...

mycar
By ed343 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has very good ridingcomfort. The local fuel milage is better than I expected

2002 AVALVON
By Tim Corbin on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

Really Good Car
By Sanjeev on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

You will be surprised to find such a good car at such a reasonable price. You will not drive anything less once you drive Avalon. Why would someone spend lots of money on smaller BMW ? This car is very roomy inside, you have to see it to believe it.

One of the Best
By yddadgib on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased a new car every 2-3 years for the last 20 years. I have owned Honda/Accord EX, Nissan Altima GLE, GMC, Ford, Mercury, and Pontiac. The Toyota Avalon has been, by far, the best buy for the buck. The room and comfort alone would make it an outstanding car. The gas mileage, 22 city- 29 highway, is exceptional for a full size car. And the exceptional mileage does not jeopardize power, when needed.