Champagne on a beer budget
By TMINJ on
2001 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Bought it w/ 127K 5 months ago, 159K now, paid $9K (well maintained) it is really a flawless car. Sure, I had to replace the timing belt and brakes, but that is what is expected at 100K miles. The ride on this car is smooth and it takes to hard corners like a bucket of water, but it is not a sports car and that should be understood. Ride / build is Lexus quality. Even with 159K miles on it is solid over bumps and shows no sign of its age. Interior space is outstanding and power seats make good comfort and lumbar support. This is my second Avalon and looking forward to breaking 300K on this one like I did my last one. Then I will buy another 8-9 year old Avalon and start all over again!
Favorite Features
The residual value of the car as it ages. You get what you paid for on these vehicles. Not many used Avalons on the market. Typically owners of Avalons are thrifty middle class people who take good care of their cars and keep them forever. If you find a good used one buy it quick!
Suggested Improvements
Toyota should lease more Avalons to improve thrifty people like myself looking for a good dependable used vehicle. Also, offer a loyalty trade in program exclusive for Avalon owners to boost the used market. Most Avalon owners keep their vehicles for life. Overall no suggested improvements!