2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: We've switched to Toyota

2000 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

XLS Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

We've switched to Toyota
By OldsKidd on

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Ok, we've officialy gone Toyota since GM dumped Oldsmobile (fools!). My Parents were considering Camry, but I wouldn't allow it as there are just too many. I found them an Avalon a few weeks ago & they instantly fell in love with it (had it home within 2 hours!). It doesn't handle like a big car at all & it's about the same size as the 92 Lincoln Continental that we had years ago. Mom loves the dash display that has the compass, date/time, and fuel economy info. I really like the JBL Sound System & the one-touch sunroof control. Dad's sold on Toyota; said his next car is going to be a Lexus as my younger sister will be well out of college by the time they get another car.

Favorite Features

Whisper quiet engine (is it even on?!?), center dash info display, JBL Sound System, safety features (side airbags, stability control), one-touch sunroof control, all the little storage cubbies, the back seat is like a living room and it even has A/C vents back there.

Suggested Improvements

The climate & stereo controls; can they be any morecomlicated?! At least on our Intrigue, the temp control is color coded so you don't have to take you're eyes off the road too long, but this Avalon will take some getting used to with all these buttons. Also wish it had a split- fold rear seat.