2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: suspension

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

By donna on

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost three months and have had problems with the suspension. So long as I am driving on smooth pavement, it is wonderful. On bumpy roads I feel like I'm rocking and rolling. The main complaint is that they say it is a five passenger car so long as the passengers don't weigh more than a pound. With Passengers in the back seat the car bottoms out, scraping the road when going over any bumps. Sadle enough,Toyota says this is "normal". I didn't know it was normal to drag the road in such an expensive car. Doing my research, I've come to realize that the Avalon has this problem and Toyota refuses to address it.They have compromised on the suspension.

I love the way the transmission runs and the gas mileage for such a large sedan, the extras in the car as well

they need to accept responsibility for the lack of quality in the type of springs and struts they use on this car. The design of this car doesn't allow for mushy springs. Otherwise call it a two passenger car.