2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Car
By sfuller on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

This is the best car we have owned. We recently had twins, plus a 2 1/2 year old, and all of the carseats fit comfortably in the back. The truck holds a double stroller with plenty of room to spare. The engine has great acceleration and is very comfortable. One notable problem, the engine had a defect and blew out after 3 months, but the dealership repaired it, gave us a loaner, and extended our warranty.

Toyota Avalon
By Jimbof on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car that I have owned. I bought the model with the 60/40 Front seats. It sits very comfortably for tall people(6'3")Plenty of leg room in the front and back. I love this car!

I LIKE AVALON.
By lena on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Fun to drive.

One safe and comfortable car
By schiavone on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

The Toyota Avalon is the best car I have ever owned. It handles and rides like a $50,000 luxury car, but cost $20,000 less. The engine and transmission are exceptional. The roominess is amazing, and reliability is second to none. I get 28-30 MPG on the highway on regular gas. Fit and finish is perfect. Safety is very good, as a matter of fact, I owned a 1996 Avalon and was hit head-on by a truck at highway speeds. The car was a total loss, but I had minimal injuries thanks to the engineering of the body, the airbag, and seatbelts, everything worked perfectly. After the accident, I immediately bought the 2000 Avalon which I am driving now.

Sold on Avalon
By MJD on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I didn't like it's looks at first, but I wanted a safe car for my wife. I have been very surprised with the quality of this car and it rides and handles well. I've driven trucks and SUV's my whole life so this is a small car to me but it's very comfortable.

Great Car
By Tarbox on 03/12/02 20:57 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

This is my second Avalon. It is a great car. Roomy and responsive. Quiet and quick.

my opinion
By leonid on 03/04/02 08:55 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I have it olmost 2years and i like it very mutch.everything is fine, the only thing I can think of: beter tires.

Ugly, but beautiful in overall quality
By Rube on 02/28/02 23:03 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

When I first set my eyes on the car. I thought this is the ugliest car I have ever set my eyes on. But I drove it and I was sold. I was initially looking at the Acura TL, Audi A4, the new I30. But a family member asked me to drive the Avalon, I did and the rest is history. 50,000 miles and not one problem.

jane jones
By jane jones on 02/28/02 21:40 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

the car performs well and drives nice

Comfortable and Reliable
By Daniel on 02/26/02 21:36 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Never had a problem since I bought the car in 2000. Very comfortable and quiet. Good acceleration and mediocre brakes. Less than satisfactory gas mileage in city driving. Car rattles unlike near luxury car when driving over uneven surface. Suspension could be a little stiffer. Sound system could be a little better.