Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Avalon
By Dan

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

You know how you get the feeling that I bought this car new and after 3 or 4 years, you kind of get the itch to buy a new car; well with this car and it is the fifth new car I have purchased, I have no desire. This is a car I can imaginge driving 15 or 20 years from now and that never happened with the previous four.

Favorite Features

Inside comfort (I'm a big guy)! Handling, looks, features.

Suggested Improvements

None except for GPS, which is available with new Avalons.

A Great Driving Car
By TXGeo

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

The Avalon is an extremely quiet, great riding & driving car. It's comfortable, has good accelleration, and handles nicely in traffic. The interior is clean with enough techie features to give it the upscale feel of its Lexus siblings. Plenty of headroom and foot room, even for tall people, and even though I've never sat in the back I'm told it's very roomy even behind the driver with the seat all the way back. It's at the top of my list for my next new car.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, great handling, top-notch stereo system and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Aluminum wheel finish is flaking off after being exposed to northern winter weather. Climate control is a little tricky if you need something other than "Auto".

Great Car
By drl1958

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Great ride. Very dependable. Good gas mileage. Comfortable.

Favorite Features

The ride is so smoooooth!

Suggested Improvements

Too many buttons. I just want to turn the fan on, not program the car.

ALMOST PERFECT
By Hank Martin

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

This car is so good that I bought a 2002 Avalon XL with the leather luxury package for my wife. She is very pleased with her car. The car is very comfortable with the electric seats and lumbar support on the drivers side. Its appeal seems to be to older drivers who upgrade from the Toyota Camry as we did. I am waiting for the new 2005 Avalon as I am interested in buying anouther one. I hope Toyota does not lessen its quality or change its platform as it did with the Camry when they changed the model.

Favorite Features

Firm seats, lumbar support, two side controls for air conditioning, electric door and trunk locks.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoptic steering wheel, fold down rear seats to trunk, front seat should be able to move back a few inches more for drivers six feet plus, less reflective dashboard lens, lumbar support for front passenger seat.

First foreign car purchase
By Matthew Rosenberger

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

This car is very confortable to sit in and smooth on the road. I had a Cadillac and that car doesn't even compare. The car is quiet and workmanship is solid. I always heard that people who have Toyotas drive them many miles and that can't be can't be said about American made products. I'm sold on Toyota!

Favorite Features

6 CD changer, Air conditioner that rapidlly cools interoir(Climate Contol)

Suggested Improvements

They geared the 2000 model different than my moms 1999 model. I would like a little more acceration power when driving highway speed but the car easly handles hills and pulling out in traffic.