2000 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
2000 Toyota Avalon
By Joe Mulé on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

The smoothest driving car I've ever driven.

Better than I hoped
By Tmonroe on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

The Avalon glids effortless over a variety of sufaces like a car that cost much more. Smooth engine, good fuel economy, quiet interior allowing conversations at 75 mph without having to yell. No hoarseness after long trips from having to talk too loud. Good sound system and plenty of room for four grown people. Smooth transmission. It's a Lexus in Toyota clothing.

Ride with confidence
By Eagle on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I finally got tired of having to take my Audi into the dealership for a fix every 3 months, and went for the Avalon. Two and one half years later, I have to remind myself to get the oil changed on time. What a difference. If you want total comfort, and a scerene ride, you just can't beat this machine.

Roomy and comfortable
By Logan on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

This was my first large luxury car. Couldn't be happier with comfort, performance and reliability. It replaced the last American car I'll ever own. I now have 3 Toyotas and am happy with them all.

Love my Avalon
By Sharon40 on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

This is my first experience with a "non- American car and I couldn't be happier. I love to drive this car. I feel safe and very comfortable. I love how it looks and handles. My husband liked my car so well that in 2001 he bought himself a Toyota Tundra which he also is very happy with. I have 31,000 miles on my car and 0 problems. Again, great CAR!

Everything I thought it would be. Great
By sim davenport on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

I have driven my 2000 Avalon for 2 1/2 years and have 72,000 miles on it. I have not had any defect at all show up and the performance has been great. Obviously, I thought it was a great looking car or I wouldn't have purchased it. Who needs Cadillac or Lexus when you have the Avalon!

Engineering errors and Ergonomics
By Disillusioned on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

Sun shining from above and behind hits instrument cluster glass, reflects up on windshield and back into drivers eyes. Second problem is that you cannot shut the center air vents without turning off all four vents. If not shut off cold air chills the drivers right arm or if directed up, chills his bald head. . I . Also can't read the info panel unless tthe sun shine right on it. Dangerous as I must take my eyes off teh road to read the symbols.

Toyota Avalon A good car
By mholi on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Avalon in 2000 with 8,000 miles on it. I was impressed by the smooth ride and the comfort of this vehicle. Two tall adult 6' fit in the back seat comfortably and three adults can fit in the back seat with no problem. I had to have my brakes replaced several times. Overall if given the choice I would buy the avalon again. I have taken several trips and the smooth comfortable ride makes the avalon a good choice. Would I would buy another avalon in the next few years? Definitely if the brakes were better. If the brakes are not better I may make a different choice.

2000 Toyota Avalon Good but not Perfect
By Della on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS is good but not perfect. I like the slightly boxy design. The fit and finish was almost perfect with the exception of one flaw. One of the trims pieces on the roof seam was dented when I tool delivery. On a car of this caliber, I would have liked to seen a better paint job since I began noticing chips in the paint almost right away. The interior is room and the trunk is downright spacious. The car currently has 33,000 miles and was just diagnosed with a defective ignition cylinder. One doesn't feel real confident when the key won't turn in the ignition. I hope that this will be an isolated incidence no more suprises.

Great Car- People Impressed!
By erika on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Everyone is impressed with the interior of the car- it is very roomy and sleek and tall men fit in the front and/ or the back comfortably! Pretty car- with a nice quiet engine- but fast and fun to drive. Good safety features. Luxury car at an affordable price!