2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great car ever had
By Serg on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Have no problem at all

Theyre right! I love it!
By Bevo on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I wanted a used car and, after much searching, liked the looks of the Toyota Avalon best. But I didn't know anything about it's performance. So I looked it up on Edmunds. All I saw was how everyone "loved their 2000 Avalons." That sold me. Now I've joined the group. It's been 3 months, and every day I tell my husband how much I love my Avalon. Even my 21- year-old car-nut of a son likes it. The problems that a few people complained about don't even exist with mine. I bought the extended warranty, and have no worries about anything going wrong. It's a dream to drive and anyone who rides with me comments on what a great car it is.

Ergonomic Luxo Family Sedan
By T-man on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 Avalon XLS as a Toyota Certified Used 16 months ago with an Extended 100K Warranty and have enjoyed a very troublefree car. The Avalon is solidly designed and built with proven but conservative technology. The engine and transmission are smooth, quiet and capable. The Avalon's interior roominess is almost minivan like. The Avalon has a high roofline and minimal "tumblehome" with the side windows being much closer to vertical than most other contemporary sedans. This is why the Avalon body styling looks a little funky head on, the straight side glass being reminiscient somewhat of classic Rolls Royce sedans.

This is a Great Car !
By BOBA on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

The car overall has preformed Great. We have not had any problems.

Avalon Review
By John and Kim on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

A very fun vehicle to drive. The only downside is that the exterior tends to get dinged up a bit as there is no trim to protect it. Overall, we are thrilled with this vehicle!

2000 Avalon Rattles
By brownstone on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 avalon is an american car,Toyota is no longer japanese.The performance of this car above average.It has good power and acceleration.It is very comfortable and spacious.I havent had the car very long.This car could really use some interior inhancements.Riding on textured roads the inside rattles so bad you can not take peacful ride with the stereo off.The rattles are terrible.I have it at the dealership twice,they cant seem to quite the rattles.The car handles well,quite at highway speeds.Had to get the rotors turned.The car has only 38000 mi.The car accelerates abrutly out of turns.

An Excellent Vehicle
By mjbarnard on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Avalon XLS is a pleasure to drive and to own. The stability of the ride and the quietness of the cabin are outstanding. The car is exceedingly reliable. I would like, however, to get better mileage. 16 MPG in town and 25.1 on the road is the best that I can get. The passenger power seat is somewhat disappointing. There is no lumbar support as in the driver's seat, and there are fewer adjustments than the driver's seat. Overall, this is a fine car, and I will look first to Avalon when I consider a new one.

Toyota & Lexus are the only cars...
By Peet on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

For those that doesn't know: Toyota Avalon 2000 has THE SAME ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION AS LEXUS ES 300 It's sooo quiet... It's very comfortable ROOOOOOMY !!!and very depandable I have only one electrical problem: Side airbag sensor mulfunction, I guess it's because is not made in Japan but in USA and Quality Control in States is not as tight as it is in Tokyo The SRS light start and keep blinking and I let my Toyota Dealer work on that. Other than that car is really great it really is a pleasure drive handles great on the road, well maybe brakes and audio system (XL-ONLY) could be better... Highly recommend to everyone !!!

pearly white
By SRM on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

With one more year left driving my 'diamond pearl white' Avalon I'm begining to consider my options for a replacement car. The only option...will be GPS navigation and this is available in current Avalon models. FYI...I must be the only owner with factory mud guards (color matched). I think they are worth the money. So far I consider my car a very good everyday vehicle for a salesman.

i love my avalon
By lma on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

My Avalon is absolutely the best car I have ever owned.I have had no problems, it is very comortable and reliable. My 83 year old mother says her next automobile will be a Toyota Avalon.