2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Great Car
By Sarah on 04/05/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

This car has been in my family for almost 8 years now and is still going strong. It rides and drives wonderfully, and the only problem we've had with it was with the automatic choke a couple years ago; we took it to our local Toyota dealer and had it fixed. The mileage is pretty good (about 23/city and 28/highway) for a car of its age. It has withstood rough roads and has over 170,000 miles on it (taken one trip to Disney World (16-ish hours total) and one trip to Savannah, GA (18-ish hours total) and was driven several miles to work and back most of the time with no problems). All in all, this car is a downright champion.

avalon
By simpson on 02/10/08 18:12 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

This car is comfortable for driver and passenger. Driving position is adjustable to suit a short female or a tall male. It handles well.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Jonathag on 12/16/07 06:50 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 5 months now, absolutely love it! Fun to drive, reliable, I step on the gas and the pickup is great, comfortable leather seats, just a joy to drive! I thought I would like the heated seats better than I do, but I don't see what the big deal is really. I drive my car all over the state for my job and it performs flawlessly, unmatched Toyota quality. Mine had around 98k when I bought it but you could tell it had been taken care of. My speaker system is a bit flakey, the rear speaker is blown and two of the front speakers go in and out a lot, other than the speakers the car is great. Buy one and you won't regret it! Mpg is around 29-30 hwy and around 21 or so city.

Reliable, Comfortable, Economical
By DJ on 11/16/07 11:33 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Purchased brand new. Very roomy interior, especially in back seat. Very comfortable for local and distance driving. Excellent ACTUAL gas mileage: 24-26 mpg city & commuting; 26-32 mpg sustained hwy driving. Only problems in 7.5 yrs was a fuel pump that needed to be replaced after 4 yrs and the in-dash radio/CD player after 5 yrs. Have performed all scheduled maintenance at recommended intervals. Maintenance costs have been low: $725/yr over entire period owned; $900/yr during past 5 yrs, including replacement of timing belt at recommended 90K mileage. Best car I've ever owned. Will buy another this year.

Perfect
By chicagorob on 01/28/07 08:34 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

This car is great. The electronic stability control, traction control and ABS brakes are perfect for driving in the snow. The interior is SOOOO big I get comments all the time.

Loving it
By Loving it on 12/15/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Avalon XL new from the dealership. I picked the silver color because it looks clean when it's dirty. The ride is very smooth. The interior is exceptionally quiet within the city, but the wind noise picks up on the highway and interstate. I purchased the 6yr/100,000 mile warranty with the vehicle. Toyota guaranteed if I never used the warranty I would receive a full refund at 100,000 miles. They refunded me a check for $1,187 2yrs ago. The paint still looks like new. The interior is excellent. The Avalon has enormous room. The dash forward design is genius. I've seen the latest model and they made it with more room. This is definitely the flagship of the Toyota brand vehicles.

We've switched to Toyota
By OldsKidd on 09/09/06 13:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Ok, we've officialy gone Toyota since GM dumped Oldsmobile (fools!). My Parents were considering Camry, but I wouldn't allow it as there are just too many. I found them an Avalon a few weeks ago & they instantly fell in love with it (had it home within 2 hours!). It doesn't handle like a big car at all & it's about the same size as the 92 Lincoln Continental that we had years ago. Mom loves the dash display that has the compass, date/time, and fuel economy info. I really like the JBL Sound System & the one-touch sunroof control. Dad's sold on Toyota; said his next car is going to be a Lexus as my younger sister will be well out of college by the time they get another car.

Toyota Avalon
By L Harris on 07/21/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Six years old; still looks and drives like a new car. Smooth riding and no mechanical problems. Comfortable seating for all passengers and lots of trunk room. Beautifully designed and appointed on the inside and out.

Great Car
By J9 on 07/15/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 4 years, and have zero problems. It is quiet, comfy, and a great ride. The design of every little feature makes so much sense. This was my first car that wasn't a GM. I will buy another Avalon after this one. I couldn't be more pleased. I now understand why Toyota is doing so well. I'm sold!!

Excellent choice
By Kisa Lee on 06/26/06 16:39 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Before the purchase of my Avalon I drove a Nissan Sentra for about 9 1/2 years and loved that car because of the reliability. Now in the Avalon I feel the same but with extras ex. the interior, the comfortable ride, the room as well as the sound system. I am really enjoying the car even though it was used when I purchased it, I feel that I made an excellent choice.