Used 2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

What A Diamond
By rambo

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I work for a Toyota dealership and bought a 1-Owner 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS with 85,000 miles and it has been a pure diamond. I just had the windows tinted and the car doesn't have a scratch on it and has all the service records as well. I'm very pleased with this one!

Favorite Features

My Avalon is one of a kind because of its front bench seat. I can seat 6 comfortably!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

Not a bad car
By surman

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Roomy and comfortable. Fast and maneuverable. Some say it's "old people's car" but its fast, accelerates well. Interior and controls are well laid out.

Favorite Features

Quiet and soft ride. Inside as roomy as large American cars. Trunk is huge

Suggested Improvements

When shifter is in park, it obstructs lighter socket, cup holders are not deep enough, twin exhausts would be nice and steering wheel mounted controls for radio would be helpful

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Landtuna

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Wife's car but I drive it often. Had one service visit in ten years - dirty MAF sensor. Doesn't get any better than that. Does everything you'd want it to do in silence and comfort. Remarkably large cabin for a mid-sized vehicle. Trunk holds a ton of stuff too. JBL sound system is great. Visibility is outstanding (except as noted below). Wife gets 22 MPG (reg gas) around town. I get almost 30 on highway. Paint still looks like new. Only one small and insignificant rattle in almost 90K miles. I call it a Japanese Buick but its much better than a GM car.

Favorite Features

Quiet, large cabin with plenty of room for long-legged people. Engine & tranny work without noise or vibration.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility driver-to-inst-panel needs help. Steering wheel blocks speedo. Needs stiffer shocks/springs - car sags when fully loaded esp. in rear. Front seats could use a bit of added padding for long trips.

Great car.
By Mitzie

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new and most of the time I am the only driver. I put new tires on this past winter. The car is clean. Except for regular maintenance I have had very little trouble with this car. I replaced the water pump a few years ago and the brakes.

Favorite Features

I love this car.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of any.

Toyota 2000 Avalon XLS
By Dan

2000 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Big car. Great when having friends or large family trips. 2000 Model looked good inside all controls convenient. Did not use sun roof but came with car. Skid control was not worth the extra I paid for it. Would not purchase that again even though I live in Northeast did not use it much. For 6 years most everything stayed intact and no problems. You have to love the interior room for everyone it is great! Also not that bad on gas. Had a very quiet ride. Into my 7th year things started falling apart. From 7th to 9th year replaced close to $1,300 in sensors over two years. Small parts started falling apart. Could not use mid grade had to stay with Premium or got poor performance. Leather not soft and plushy even started to wear a lot.

Favorite Features

Interior room tremendous. Gas MPG I thought was very good. Felt secure in this big auto. VERY Quiet in cabin had to love this feature. Muffler quality was greatly improved over past models. Bought this for Toyota quality but after 6 years that seemed to fall apart unlike my past Toyotas.