2000 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:
Teflon Avalon
By gruitnower on 03/16/11 16:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car I have ever owned. I frequently look at these reviews about cars and wonder if they are biased towards Japanese cars. Well let me tell you, I just bought my Avalon with 108k on it and it drives like it only has 4 miles on it. Everything works flawlessly and it starts right up every morning. The look of this car is second to none, distinguished and stylish. I love the leather interior and the spacious trunk. I feel like I float to work instead of drive to work. The engine purrs like a kitten with no hitch on acceleration. This car puts ALL American mid size sedans to rest HANDS DOWN. the quality in workmanship is impeccable

200,000+ miles and still going strong
By emilylwallace on 03/06/11 08:07 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

This car has been in my family since its original purchase in 2000. The car was passed onto me in 2008 with 150,000 miles on it. It still drives like the day it was purchased. The interior cabin is dead quiet and the ride is incredibly smooth. It is fantastic for road trips, it gets about 30 mpg on the highway using regular fuel. It accelerates well for a car of its size. It handles well in snow, as long as you drive accordingly. It is incredibly reliable, it starts up right away every morning (even when it is 5 degrees outside). Also, the sound system is fantastic.

Not a bad car
By surman on 06/03/10 06:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Roomy and comfortable. Fast and maneuverable. Some say it's "old people's car" but its fast, accelerates well. Interior and controls are well laid out.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Landtuna on 04/29/10 16:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Wife's car but I drive it often. Had one service visit in ten years - dirty MAF sensor. Doesn't get any better than that. Does everything you'd want it to do in silence and comfort. Remarkably large cabin for a mid-sized vehicle. Trunk holds a ton of stuff too. JBL sound system is great. Visibility is outstanding (except as noted below). Wife gets 22 MPG (reg gas) around town. I get almost 30 on highway. Paint still looks like new. Only one small and insignificant rattle in almost 90K miles. I call it a Japanese Buick but its much better than a GM car.

Great car.
By Mitzie on 04/06/10 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new and most of the time I am the only driver. I put new tires on this past winter. The car is clean. Except for regular maintenance I have had very little trouble with this car. I replaced the water pump a few years ago and the brakes.

Best Car Ever
By XL on 04/07/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

It is the best! Fit, finish, reliability! Fun to drive and to look at!

My New Old Car
By ds05121956 on 05/11/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

As a single, middle aged female, I admit to having taken above average care of this car. But after eight years and 86,000 miles, I've not been out a penny on it other than routine maint. I still get regular compliments on it and when I say it's 8 years old, people say, "I thought it was brand new." Planning to keep it, I just had some surface blemishes repaired and am more thrilled than if it really were brand new, since I don't have a $500/mo. Payment to deal with and it's a pleasure to drive still-not fun, but pleasant. I'll have my fun with those $500 on something else.

avalon
By simpson on 02/10/08 18:12 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

This car is comfortable for driver and passenger. Driving position is adjustable to suit a short female or a tall male. It handles well.

Loving it
By Loving it on 12/15/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Avalon XL new from the dealership. I picked the silver color because it looks clean when it's dirty. The ride is very smooth. The interior is exceptionally quiet within the city, but the wind noise picks up on the highway and interstate. I purchased the 6yr/100,000 mile warranty with the vehicle. Toyota guaranteed if I never used the warranty I would receive a full refund at 100,000 miles. They refunded me a check for $1,187 2yrs ago. The paint still looks like new. The interior is excellent. The Avalon has enormous room. The dash forward design is genius. I've seen the latest model and they made it with more room. This is definitely the flagship of the Toyota brand vehicles.

Avalon is the Greatest
By Avalon on 06/16/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

Our 2000 Toyotal Avalon is the best car we have owned. Smooth ride, excellent handling and great pick- up. Solid, safe car for family. Very comfortable seats.