Used 1999 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Great Vehicle
By Silver Ride

1999 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Great and reliable vehicle. I drive 40k miles per year and only mechanical issue was to replace a starter once. I expect to get another 150k miles. One negative is I have had to replace the struts twice . I wish I had seen this page years ago as I had front noise for years that turned out to be the front strut holder that I finally had diagnosed and replace. Also the only safety issue is that the vehicle does not require you to put it in park first before you remove the key so that the vehicle could roll if you forget to put it in the park position.

Great Ride. Plenty of room.

Avalon '99
By howard hurtig

1999 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Great car; no trouble except for a dead battery after 8 years of ownership and a failed starter after 6 years of ownership.

smooth ride, interior comfort and roominess, trunk space

better mileage

Roomy Toyota Sedan
By BigGuy

1999 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I'm 6'7", needed lots of head and leg room, and got it the Avalon. It has all the get up and go I ever needed. Now that it's broken in at 140,000 miles, it gets 30 mpg on the highway; what a nice surprise. Maintenance costs have been half of our other vehicle, a 2003 Chrysler T&C.

I use the cruise control at 26 mph in subdivisions to make sure I don't get arrested for speeding.

As good as any new car
By steve'savalon

1999 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

Bought when 9 months old with 13,000 miles. Now have 118,000 and runs like new. 25 mpg commuting, 31 hwy. Replaced struts at 75,000, front brakes 75,000 and front brakes 115,000. That's the only maintenance besides timing belt at 90,000. I cannot get excited about paying $35+ for a new car that isn't any better than this. Hope to see over 200,000+ before I would consider changing.

Sound system, special rims, looks.

Blue tooth and garage door opener. No such thing in '99, technology has changed rapidly.

99 Avalon Review
By 1999Toyota Avalon

1999 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

This 99 Toyota Avalon has been a joy to own. I purchased it with 29,000 miles. In the 1 1/2 years that I have owned this vehicle I have experienced a wonderful ride, no problems and great to handle. I am very satisfied with my Toyota.