Simply The Best!
By Brian on
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan
This road warrior has been in my family since new. My father put the first 150,000 miles on the car without any needed repairs except routine wear and tear parts (i.e. Brakes, tires, battery, oil). Now the odometer reads 250,000 miles and I just had the original timing belt and water pump replaced because it was LONG overdue. In the 12 years and 250,000 my family has put on our Avalon (a.k.a "Road Warrior") it has never, not even one time, left us stranded or failed to start, not once!! With the long history that I have with my Avalon I feel more than qualified to speak on the behalf of my car, and I fully endorse this car without reservation! If you have the opportunity to buy one, do!
Favorite Features
Return on investment! (250,000 almost maintenance free miles), smooth ride even with 250,000 on original struts and bushings, comfortable seats and legroom (i am 6'8" and i fit great) 29 MPG freeway with plenty of passing power! A/C ice cold even when 100' outside(colder then my dads 07 Cadillac)
Suggested Improvements
My car has 250,000 miles on it, it runs and drives like new!I would feel more confident driving it across the country than my dads 07 Cadillac with 40,000 miles on it. The only negative thing I could say is it goes through brake pads fast, since i started driving it anyway. My dad misses his Avalon!