1997 Toyota Avalon 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best of Class

1997 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Best of Class
By magfer2 on

1997 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

The Avalon is a great car when price, build quality, features, and size are key points. The Avalon boasts a spacious interior (especially rear) has a large trunk without looking bulky from the exterior. It is a great highway cruiser with plenty of power while getting great gas mileage. The interior is excellent with awesome materials and great placement of all instruments etc. Best of all for some reason its second hand value seems to be on par of that of the Camry or other comparable autos while it is in fact a far superior car.

Favorite Features

My favourite features of the Avalon are first its looks. Secondly I love the features, its premium stereo/cd changer, sunroof heated leather seats etc. And finally, I love the fact that I get Toyota quality in a car this great for such an awesome price.

Suggested Improvements

I think the only improvement I would make to this car is the suspension/handling. The suspension on the Avalon is a little too soft for me and there is not as much feel through the steering as I would like. The only other point is that the rear seat does not fold down.