1996 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Excellent Workhorse

1996 Toyota Avalon Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent Workhorse
By tOMfOOL on

1996 Toyota Avalon XLS 4dr Sedan

While this car would not be considered a "workhorse" like a truck or whatever, it is a fantastic car for a salesman who has to cover a huge territory in all weather and have a car that looks good. Even though the car now looks somewhat outdated, it has kept its snazzy appearance quite well -- especially as compared to some of the Pontiacs and Fords I've seen. The car has 125,000 miles on it and EVERYTHING still works as well as it did when it was new: windows, doors, sunroof, cupholder and yes, the TAPE PLAYER and CD. I'm truly amazed at how many other cars I've seen (like my friend's Malibu) that never made it past the first 5 years. My Avalon still feels like a new BMW -- no joke!

Peppy engine! Sounds great and is still very powerful. I think it's finally come into its break in period. The dash is awesome. Even after I got rear-ended the trunk, and all the doors, etc. close nicely and feel tight and seal against the elements.

Possibly the turning radius, but that's it. Nothing else to complain about.