1995 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: Still happy after 10.5 years!

1995 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Still happy after 10.5 years!
By Lynda on

1995 Toyota Avalon XL 4dr Sedan

I change my oil 2-3 times each year. I use the a/c when I want. In ATL traffic, I have a 27 mile commute (54 round trip) which requires a lot of stop/go/sit in traffic. With all of this I am still averaging 27 - 29 miles per gallon on regular unleaded gas. Highway miles have yielded as high as 32 miles per gallon with cruise control engaged. My husband is 6'4", I'm 5'2" and the car is quite comfortable for both of us on all types of trips. The car is very quiet inside & out. I hope my car runs another 500000 miles! I'm afraid I'll never find another car with the comfort, reliability, mileage, and looks for a comparable price to what I paid in 1995. I love my car!!!

Favorite Features

Comfort, size, sunroof, quiet cabin, trunk size, design of dash/instrument panel, cup holder placement, power seats, I love them all!

Suggested Improvements

Paint on side mirrors & around door handles has chipped over time, even when garaged & waxed. I have not been happy with the overall paint job on the hood & more "exposed surfaces" though the doors still reflect a deep black shine.