Used 1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Dave

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it has performed flawlessly over the past 10+ years. Still tight with no rattles. Quiet, luxury ride with plenty of power, particularly when you put the electronically controlled transmission into its "power" mode. Outstanding build quality with no mechanical problems other than recent replacement of left CV boot (couples the transmission with the left front wheel). The only reason I'm replacing this car now is to get side and head curtain air bags.

Favorite Features

Automatic climate control. Quiet smooth ride. Great acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

No seat heaters available when I bought mine - the only feature I wish I had.

Awesome car
By Axum,

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1995 XLS from my dad who bought it new and it still runs like a dream. After we replaced the transmission it got right back up to the original speed and power. That is the only part that we have replaced in it.

Favorite Features

The automatic AC heat control, it helps to keep you on the road and not all over the place.

Suggested Improvements

NEW SUSPENSION it is sooooo rocky and I'm replacing it with a performance suspension but I love it and its a quick lil car even after 10 years.

Avalon, the best car to own!
By Phil

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. it's reliable, economic and handles the road very well.

Favorite Features

I love the spacious interior. Even after 10 years of service, the car drives like new. It never broke down.

Suggested Improvements

I hope the exterior was a little bit more appealing. The design is plain.

Great car to own
By bill_lee_3

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

Excellent car to own and drive. it had over 150000 miles and didnt have a single problem.

Favorite Features

Power seats, power moonroof, 4 wheel disk brakes, cruise control,

Suggested Improvements

Bucket seats instead of split bench, a bit better fuel economy

Still happy after 10.5 years!
By Lynda

1995 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan

I change my oil 2-3 times each year. I use the a/c when I want. In ATL traffic, I have a 27 mile commute (54 round trip) which requires a lot of stop/go/sit in traffic. With all of this I am still averaging 27 - 29 miles per gallon on regular unleaded gas. Highway miles have yielded as high as 32 miles per gallon with cruise control engaged. My husband is 6'4", I'm 5'2" and the car is quite comfortable for both of us on all types of trips. The car is very quiet inside & out. I hope my car runs another 500000 miles! I'm afraid I'll never find another car with the comfort, reliability, mileage, and looks for a comparable price to what I paid in 1995. I love my car!!!

Favorite Features

Comfort, size, sunroof, quiet cabin, trunk size, design of dash/instrument panel, cup holder placement, power seats, I love them all!

Suggested Improvements

Paint on side mirrors & around door handles has chipped over time, even when garaged & waxed. I have not been happy with the overall paint job on the hood & more "exposed surfaces" though the doors still reflect a deep black shine.